husband recently diagnosed with terminal cancer

• 1 reply
  • 59 subscribers

I don’t really know where to start but I’m struggling. My husband who has just turned 40 has this week been told he has multiple brain tumours and lung cancer too. This all came out of no where seemingly - we only went for investigation because of headache and slight vision loss.

fast forward a week later and we are awaiting an app at Addenbrooks for a “treatment plan” which they have hinted will be palliative. My hubby is in constant pain with his head an dog it’s not that he’s exhausted which I guess could be from the meds or his condition. Most of his day is spent in bed with his eyes closed. I’ve contacted the hospital several times and they have tweeted his meds but to no avail. I feel like I’m feeling round in the dark as to what to give him and when.

one thing we are sure of is that he wants ti be at home and not anywhere else and I 100% agree I want to care for my everything.

He is a head teacher and we are foster Carer’s with 1 birth child who is just 13 and 2 little ones aged 4 and 5 who we are guardians too. I am lucky that my parents are helping to take care of the children and the house as all I want to do is be with my husband which feels selfish in it’s self but I hate him lying here on his own.

sorry for the ramble it just feels like this has happened so so quickly and I can not imagine life without him. 

• Hi and a warm welcome to the online community

It sounds like you and your husband have gone through an incredible amount in such a short time.

The online community is divided up into different support groups I'm going to recommend that you join the carers only group which is a safe and supportive place to discuss your worries and emotions with others who have a loved one dealing with cancer.

To join just click on the link I've created and then choose 'click to join' or 'join' (depending on the device you're using) on the page that opens. You can then introduce yourself and post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'. 

When you feel up to it it would be great if you could pop something about your husband's diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

If you have any difficulty navigating the community just drop me a reply and I'll be pleased to help.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"