I’ve found a lump

• 2 replies
  • 59 subscribers

I’m a 58 year old female, I have 3 children and between myself and my partner we have 11 grandchildren, G and I have been together for almost 20 year’s although we are not married (yet Wink

Thursday 18th November, aside from the weekend’s a Thursday is the only day of the week that I don’t spring out of bed at 5am to go to the gym, so I’m sat on the edge of the bed about to open the curtains when I stretch and there’s a lump in my breast, it’s hard and feel horrible almost like a witches nose, I go straight downstairs and out comes the boob…my partner’s eyes lit up but oh no ….I grabbed his hand and asked if he could feel it, yep he could, of course he could it wasn’t small.

my last mammogram was January 2021…..just 10 months ago.

my first thought was how on earth I/we had missed it, this plays on my mind so much.

I emailed my GP practice as soon as they opened at 8am, asking for a text message because I cannot easily access my emails at work.

I work in a chemotherapy unit, a job I absolutely love and I have so much admiration for my patients, how they cope with everything that cancer throws at them never ceases to amaze me. I often tell my friends and family that we have the best patients ever (never did I dream I’d be one of “our” patients)

if I’m honest I’ve never really understood why, if there is a god, he doesn’t take the nasty, evil people of this world, our patients are truly so bloody lovely.

I spoke to my centre sister when I got to work, she was lovely and tried to reassure me that it will be the infection that I recently had in my left breast….unfortunately this is in my right breast. I stayed at work until 2pm constantly checking my phone but had to go home….I was feeling more and more anxious waiting to hear from my GP. I received a text to go to the surgery at 5pm, my youngest daughter came with me, she is living with us due to a relationship breakdown, my GP examined my breast and yep she could feel it too, but she couldn’t feel anything in my armpit (phew) but she obviously told me I should be referred on the 2 week pathway

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

I'm hoping that as you said you noticed this lump on the 18th November you don't have too much longer to wait for your appointment. 

As the online community is divided up into different support groups I'm going to recommend that you join the breast cancer group which is a great place to share experiences and get support from others who will understand what you're going through right now. You could copy and paste your post from here into a new post there to save you typing this all out again.

To join just click on the link I've created and then choose 'click to join' or 'join' (depending on the device you're using) on the page that opens. You can then introduce yourself and post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'. 

If you have any difficulty navigating the community just drop me a reply and I'll be pleased to help.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you, I’ll give it a go