When will we see consultant to discuss treatment

• 3 replies
  • 60 subscribers

My husband went for a camera down his throat 2 weeks today and 6 biopsies were took and tested straight away we then had a ct contrast scan done Friday just gone but we still haven’t been actually advised about what stage and what treatment all he was told on the day of finding the tumour was it was malignant and 8 cms struggling to know what to expect and how soon feel like we’ve had this thrown at us and just left xx

• Hi and welcome to the Online Community.

I am so sorry to read about your husbands ongoing diagnosis but I hope you will find the support available in the community helpful at this difficult and challenging time.

These Covid times have made the diagnosis times just crazy. I have a rare type of Lymphoma and often during the diagnostic process all the result need to go before a Multidisciplinary Meeting (MDT) and these meetings are normally only once a week. The link below explains what MDT is.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-information-and-support/treatment/your-treatment-options/your-multidisciplinary-team-mdt

I would advise that you keep your pointy elbows in the system so use any or all the contact numbers/emails you have including your GP to keep the system working for you. I have been on my cancer journey for over 22 years and when it comes to getting information nothing much has changed over the years so you often have to be your own advocate.

Talking with others who are walking the same type of cancer treatment path will help you navigate this unwanted journey.

The New to Community is like the Community Reception area and as there are many cancer types and experiences so likewise the Community has many support groups.

Have a look through this list and choose the appropriate cancer type that your husband is being investigated for as these groups will be a good place for you to connect with other folks who may be on the same cancer treatment pathway.

Navigating the community will depend on the device you are using. To join a group just click on the best group for his suspected cancer (using the arch link above) then scroll down and choose 'click to join' or 'join' on the page that opens.

You can then introduce yourself by putting up a post by clicking  on ‘New Thread’ or ‘New here, say hello’ then hit the box with the X on the top right (phones).

You could just copy and paste the text from this your first post and you can also join in with existing ‘Discussions’ by clicking on 'reply'. 

When it comes to the practical challenges of supporting someone you may benefit from talking with others caring for family and friends so can I recommend that you join our supportive Family and friends group where you will connect with others supporting family and friends

It’s always good to talk so do call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, support, financial guidance or just a listening ear.

To find information covering diagnosis, treatments and pages covering most types of cancers check our Online Information and Support Section

All the very best ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Ty for ur reply I foned today and was told the consultant will be in touch tomorrow as they had already had the MDT meeting xx

• This is good news indeed. Do join the best group (from this listthat can connect you with others - all the best.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge