Help

• 1 reply
  • 59 subscribers
  1. Please help my partner is dieing he is only 49 and we have a 11 year old daughter,  who is completely daddy's girl,  how and what do we tell her  ? 
  • Hi and welcome to the online community

I'm really sorry to read about your partner's prognosis and it's natural to wonder how to talk to your daughter about her daddy's cancer.

Macmillan have some really useful information on talking to children about cancer which you might like to have a look through. It has information on how to tell your daughter as well as how to explain it according to her age. There is also a link to a booklet which you can download, or send for a paper version, if you think it would be helpful to have that to go through at the same time as talking to her.

How are you doing Www? Although I was the one with cancer I know what a difficult time this will be for you. The online community is divided up into different support groups so you might like to join the supporting someone with incurable cancer group which is a safe and supportive place for anyone who has a loved one or friend with a terminal diagnosis to discuss their emotions as well as practical issues about palliative care and end of life.

To join the group just click on the link I've created and then choose 'click to join' or 'join' (depending on the device you're using) on the page that opens. You can then introduce yourself and post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'. 

When you feel ready it would be great if you could pop something about your partner's diagnosis and treatment into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

If you have any difficulty navigating the community just drop me a reply and I'll be pleased to help.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"