New to this

• 1 reply
  • 59 subscribers

Hi, I have joined today and am looking for support more than anything else. My partner has stage four melanoma whish has recently spread to her lungs. She has done three rounds of immunotherapy. She has had some severe side effects and we are just waiting for some scans to see how successful the treatment has been. I am scared stiff about the results and feel like I am letting her down if I talk about my own fears. Just wondered if anyone else was in the same boat. 

Thanks

• Hi  and welcome to the Online Community but so sorry to hear about your partners diagnosis.

A cancer diagnosis in the family can be very challenging for e wry one involved but talking with others who are walking the same type of cancer support journey will help you navigate this difficult time.

The New to Community is like the Community Reception area and as there are many cancer types so likewise the Community has many cancer specific support groups but I see you have already joined our supportive Melanoma group, you may also want to also join our Lung, secondary cancer group as well as these will be good places to connect with folks on the same cancer treatment pathway.

To join a group just click on the link above then choose 'click to join' or 'join' (depending on the device you're using) on the page that opens.

You can then introduce yourself by putting up a ‘New Thread’ or hit the box with the X on the top right (phones), you could just copy and paste the text from this your first post. You can also join in with existing ‘Discussions’ by clicking on 'reply'. 

When it comes to the practical challenges of supporting someone you may benefit from talking with others caring for family and friends so do check out our Family and friends groups where you will connect with others supporting family and friends

It’s always good to talk so do call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, support, financial guidance or just a listening ear.

We also have Cancer Nurse Team in our Ask an Expert section, but do allow two working days for replies from our expert team.

All the very best.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge