Lichen Sclerosus

• 6 replies
  • 60 subscribers

Hi, I have suffered many years with Lichen Sclerosus. I am usually able to keep it under control with steroid ointment when needed. However, two weeks ago I had a particularly bad flare up. Although I was able to get it under control after about 4 days I still went to see my GP. She was worried about something she saw and referred me back to Gynae for a biopsy I received a two week time slot which in itself had me a little worried.. My appointment s tomorrow and feeling quite apprehensive.

• Hi  and a warm welcome to the Online Community. We all know what it means to be worried about having to have a biopsy for anything possibly cancer related so I'm going to suggest you join our supportive Vulva cancer group and I'll tag the Community Champ of the group to welcome you.

I hope all goes well tomorrow with tomorrow's appointment.

Sending hugs, B xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Hi...I'm in exactly the same situation as you. I have an appt on Aug 4th. Not told anyone yet as I don't want to worry them, but obviously it's worrying me. I hope your appt went well

• Hiya, my appointment went quite well thank you. My Gynacologist was so lovely and explained a lot to me which is relevant for the time being. although she was very positive. Now I have the worrying wait ! Like you I have not told anyone( except my husband) but I am thinking maybe I should mention it to my children.  Really not sure what to do as I don't want to worry them. 

• Glad it went well. I'm ok about my appt, but like you not looking forward to the wait afterwards. You're lucky to have a partner to confide in. I'm alone ( but ok about that), so I'm not telling anyone yet as both my children have their own worries. If I have a bad outcome I'm sure they will be great. I will be thinking about you as you're a short while ahead of me so to speak. Did you have an ultrasound too ( I'm scheduled for one as well as a biopsy). Keep in touch if you want to. It helps to have someone who is in a similar situation I think. 

• Hiya NEme, just a quick reply to thank you for replying. No I am not scheduled for an ultrasound, maybe that will come later if the outcome is not good.  I think different health boards may work differently. I am quite positive but the wait is torture, however hopefully it won’t be too long. In the meantime I will try not to worry too much...easier said than done Don’t you think?. Best of luck with your appointment 4th August and wish you well. Yes, will keep in touch. Cheers Carolyn

• Hiya NEme

hope all went well last week. I am still waiting for my results..over 2 weeks now.. the wait is so stressful and worrying. I feel so down and alone.