New to this Group...

• 4 replies
  • 61 subscribers

Hi, I joined the group around a month ago whilst in the middle of a manic episode with Bi-Polar Disorder and cannot remember much of the experience. Now I have my feet firmly plaaned on the floor again I thought I`d give it another shot.

I had a bicycle accident last summer which lead to an Ultrasound scan where they found something in my Liver, a shape. They followed up with a CT scan with dye and noticed that the shape had vanished. It was suspected that it was a bleed in the Liver from my bike crash or something. On the CT scan they noticed I had inflamed Lymph glands in my Tummy then further investigation revealed that my Appendix was swollen. It is suspected to be an Appendix Mucinous Neoplasm or something like that. I have a Colonoscopy tomorrow morning then a video consulatation with a Consultant on Thurs to discuss the findings.

Since the accident my digestive system has been all over the place. My tummy impacted with one of my handlebars at around 25 mph after a car pulledout on me. I had a huge bruise on my tummy especially centred where the Appendix is located. That night I was so violently sick I started tasting a very strong taste of blood. I also had double vision and numerous cuts and bruises. After 2 days my tummy went purple which is rare for me because I do not bruise easily. I should have gone to A&E but called 111. A Dr called me back and somehow we ended up talking about my bi-Polar?? He thought I should be fine and to visit my GP if symptoms worstened. Now I have come down from my Manic episode and thinking more clearly Iam starting to believe that he thought I was making it all up or something because I had Bi-Polar and it must have been obvious to him that I was mid episode. 

But that does not matter now I guess. I do not have anyone I can share this stuff with and to be honest I am dreading the next few days. Owing to my manic episode my 2 previous Colonoscopy`s have been cancelled but I am okay to go through with this one.

Anyway, Hi. I vaguely remember chatting to 2 members when I 1st joined this group but cannot recall thier names. Sorry. 

• Oh, Looking back on my post it looks as if I am blaming the bike accident for causing the Appendix Mucinous thing. i guess I was hoping that the Consultant had his diagnosis incorrectly and that swollen Appendix was caused by the Injury and is not Cancer. I have had pain around the Appendix area specifically and other pain in the right hand side of my Intestines particularly just below my right rib cage on and off. My Liver scan as I said was fine, my Kidney and Liver function Is fine and my blood "markers" were fine aso. Apologies for my appalling knowledge of my biological workings and terminology. I am very Impressed by the response of my GP and the NHS in General. The Dr who called me back after my 111 call was just probably having a bad day and I do not feel any bad feelings towards him for questioning my BP diagnosis when I was reporting a Medical matter. This type of thing Is normal for me. The original reason why these investigations began have not been mentioned once for some reason. I have this hunch that it was the bike crash that has caused some pemanent damage to part of my digestive system because the symptoms only started after that. Sorry to go on 

• Hi  and warm welcome (back) to the Macmillan Online Community although sorry that you had to find us and especially sorry to hear about your ongoing problems.

I have had a look back at your activity but you must have now joined back in with a different user name.... but that is ok.

You have had a complicated and challenging time and let’s look for you to get some clear answers soon.

Its difficult to direct you to any specific group until you know if you ‘actually’ do have a type of cancer but what you can do now is call our Macmillan Support Services. Our team are able to provide lots of information, support or just a listening ear.

Most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week and it's free to call on 0808 808 00 00 have a look by Clicking here to see what is available and we also have our Ask an Expert section, but do allow two working days for replies from our expert team.

Always around to talk ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thank-You Highlander, Your words are very comforting and thoughtful. 

• Hope you are OK now Navarone.