Suspected cancer.

• 1 reply
  • 60 subscribers

Hi all my mum has been told they suspect she has cancer based mainly on her high platelet count, among other symptoms, she is waiting for an appointment for endoscopy and colonoscopy, can someone tell me what type of cancer they are looking for based on this. 

Thank you. X

• Hi  and welcome to the Macmillan Online Community although sorry that you needed to find us and especially sorry to hear about your mum’s ongoing diagnosis.

It’s is impossible for me to make any comments about what they could be looking for as these tests are used for many diagnostic purposes and I am not in any way medically trained but you may want use Macmillan Support Services as a good first step as it provides lots of clinical information and support or just a listening ear.

Most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week and it's free to call on 0808 808 00 00 have a look by Clicking here to see what is available and we also have our Ask an Expert section, but do allow two working days for replies from our expert team.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge