Ocular Melanoma/ Liver Metastasis

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 51 subscribers

Hi, I’m new here.  My husband had his eye removed in 2019 due to melanoma.  The cancer spread to his Liver.  He’s been on immunotherapy for weeks, he’s just been told that it’s not worked & there’s nothing more they can do for him.  His legs & feet are numb so he’s got to have an MRI to rule out cancer in the spine.  There are so many questions I need to ask, does anyone know where we go from here?  Thank you in advance.

• Hi  and welcome to the Macmillan Online Community although sorry that you needed to find us and especially sorry to hear about your husbands diagnosis.

A cancer diagnosis like this in the family brings many questions, confusion and lots of stress but talking with other people who are walking the same type of journey will help you navigate this rollercoaster.

The Community is organised into dedicated support groups so you may want join our supportive Liver, secondary cancer and Spinal cord tumours groups, these will be a good places to connect with others navigating the support of a family member on the same type of cancer journey.

To join a groups just click on the links above then choose 'click to join' or 'join' (depending on the device you're using) on the page that opens. You can then introduce yourself by putting up a ‘New Thread’ or hit the box with the X on the top right (phones), you could just copy and paste the text from this your first post. You can also join in with existing ‘Discussions’ by clicking on 'reply'. 

Talking with others caring for family and friends will help a lot so do check out our Carers only and supporting someone with incurable cancer group groups as you will connect with others walking the same journey supporting family and friends through their cancer journey.

It’s always good to talk and the Macmillan Support Services provides lots of information, support, financial guidance or just a listening ear.

Most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week and it's free to call on 0808 808 00 00 have a look by Clicking here to see what is available and we also have our Ask an Expert section and see you have posted a question to our nurse team but do allow two working days for replies from our expert team.

((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi and a second welcome to the online community

I can see that my friend Mike has given you lots of helpful advice and recommendations of groups to join. Could I also suggest that you join us over in the eye cancer group as you'll then be able to connect with others who either have ocular melanoma or who's loved one has it. If you'd like to do this just click on the link I've created and then follow Mike's instructions on joining and posting.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"