Mucinous Adenocarcinoma

• 3 replies
  • 60 subscribers

Hi 

I’m new to the group but wanted to ask if anyone has my type of bowel cancer and if anyone selected not to have chemo?

Thank you. 

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

I can see that you've already found and joined the bowel cancer group which is a great place to ask questions, share experiences and get support from others with all types of bowel cancer.

Clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there where you could introduce yourself and start a new post in the same way as you did here.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Jeff,

Hope you are doing well.

My father has stage 4 mucinous - and he has had total colon removal and now has a stoma. We are deciding whether to go for chemo - albeit reduce dose as he has the deficiency.

Just curious whether you went ahead with chemo or not and what your surveillance is like.

Thanks so much

B

• Hi  and a warm welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to read that your dad has bowel cancer and I know how difficult it can be to make treatment decisions.

The online community is divided up into different support groups so I'm going to recommend that you join the bowel cancer group, which is a great place to ask questions and share experiences, and also the family and friends group which is a safe and supportive place to discuss tour worries and emotions with others who have a family member dealing with cancer.

To join either or both of these groups just click on the links I've created and then choose 'click to join' or 'join' (depending on the device you're using) on the page that opens. You can then introduce yourself and post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'. 

It would be great if you could pop something about your dad's diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

If you have any difficulty navigating the community just drop me a reply and I'll be pleased to help.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"