New diagnosis BC

• 1 reply
  • 59 subscribers

Hi everyone,

I am new to the group and have been diagnosed with grade 1 breast cancer few days ago. I am waiting for some test results and other exams to do. I am numb, feeling like my body is a stranger to me, and I am not sure I have completely worked out and accepted the situation. I have good and bad days and struggling to stop thinking about what’s going to happen in a week, a month, a year.
I
t is comforting knowing that there is amazing community here, that we can support each other through all the ups and downs. Lots of love xx

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

I'm very sorry to read that you have recently been diagnosed with breast cancer as I know what a difficult time this will be for you. It's perfectly normal to feel as you do and a lot of people describe the feeling as like being on a rollercoaster which you can't get off! You might find reading Macmillan's information on cancer and your emotions helpful.

I can see that you've already found and posted in the breast cancer for the under-50s group but thought I'd mention that you might also like to join the main breast cancer group as well. If this is something you'd like to do just click on the link I've created and then choose 'click to join' or 'join' (depending on the device you're using) on the page that opens. You can then introduce yourself and post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'. 

When you have a minute, it would be really useful if you could pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"