Bereavement

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 60 subscribers

Lost my Mum exactly a year ago last week, still cant talk about it, cant even say her name. So angry inside and everything around me is falling apart

• Hi  and welcome to the Online Community, a Community that no one ever really plans to see themselves joining, and so sorry to hear about the passing of your mum last year.

The Community has various support groups so can I direct you to our Bereaved family and friends group as this is the place where you will connect with others walking the same journey following the death of a family member.

Follow the above link then choose ‘click to join' or ‘join’ when the page opens.

You can then introduce yourself, post questions or just  join in with existing discussions by clicking on 'reply'. 

Its always good to talk and the Macmillan Support Services provides lots of information, support or just a listing ear.

The service is open every day 8am to 8pm and it's free to call on 0808 808 00 00 have a look by Clicking here for more information.

You can also email them, use the online chat and we also have our Ask an Expert section, but do allow two working days for replies from our expert team.

All the very best.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Andrew

really sorry to read of the loss of your Mum, a terrible time for you.

i understand the anger, I can still feel mine from so many years ago. For me the anger will probably never go away, I recognise that and just have to live with it. I have found I have never got over the bereavements in my life, the depths of despair are always able to punch their way back into my thoughts, especially in the very early hours. I have eventually accepted that situation and it became manageable and slowly I was able to get on with life. The past I cannot change no matter how many hours I spend reliving those darkest hours. I do know my two wives who died of cancer did not want me to become another victim of the disease that took them, so by battling on each day I’m getting my own victory over this disease.

take care, there is no fixed timescale for what you are dealing with, it is your pace

Cancer may affect my body, but I won’t let it affect my spirit