Bereavement

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 57 subscribers

In may I lost my daughter to secondary breast cancer on 6th may this year. I nursed my daughter right to end which I am proud of .  My one big regret although I spent a lot of time with her , nursed, cared , as well as looking after house,for her, my husband, son in law and two grandchildren .  I never sat and really talked to how she felt through all her last months, how she wanted her daughters brought up and things like that .  It never even crossed my mind  I think , I just seem to be in fifth gear all the time so to speak. She was only 34

We look after my two grand daughters  two days a week And some weekends 

you never expect to be in this position, visiting your daughter grave each week !! . It should be the other way round

• Hi  and welcome to the Online Community, although I am so sorry to see you finding us and so sorry to hear about the loss of your daughter. This is something I can not imagine having to go through and having to look out for your granddaughters who you will want to support as best as you can. We have four granddaughters and we love them dearly but looking after them regularly would be very very hard work.

You may find talking with other people who are on the same type of journey helped a lot.

The Community is organised into various support groups so can I first direct you to our Bereaved family and friends group as this will connect you with people walking the treatment journey.

Follow the link I've created above then choose ‘click to join' on the page that opens.

You can then introduce yourself and post questions selecting '+New' or '+' (depending on the device you're using) and join in with existing discussions by clicking on 'reply'. 

It’s always good to talk, so can I highlight the Macmillan Support Line on 0808 808 00 00 This service covers Emotional Support, Practical Information. Financial Support and Work Guidance mostly open 8.00 to 8.00

All the very best.

Mike - Thehighlander

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Click to see how to add some details to your profile

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge