Bereavement

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 58 subscribers

Hi there

When my beautiful sister became ill and pre diagnosis, I remained strong in order to support her, husband and two adult sons

My sister passed just 2 weeks and 4 days after her diagnosis 

Everyone is stunned by the quickness of it all

I met up with my sister everyday, walking, talking and putting the world to rights 

It’s just over 2 weeks since she passed, her funeral was 3 days ago, we wrote the Order of Service and everyone commented how wonderful that and the service had been

Lots of people commented how strong I have been, supporting family and organising things, but really inside I am crumbling apart

I can’t believe I will never see my lovely sister again, and I don’t know what to do !!!

We used to text each other good night everyday and send each other texts that amused us, I asked someone recently,  if there is a portal, where I could send her texts, how crazy am I ??

• Send the messages on here. There are so many people here who understand your situation and loss. 

Im so sorry about your sister,  I cant begin to imagine how you feel. You will probably find that some people will move on quicker than you but it's not a race. Treasure your memories and take each day as it comes.

Take care 

X

Janeejanjan 
  • Hi  and welcome to the Online Community, although I am so sorry to see you finding us and so sorry to hear about your sister.

The loss of a dear family member brings a lot of confusion, stress and many questions but I found talking with other people who are on the same type of journey helped a lot.

The Community is organised into various support groups so can I first direct you to our very supportive Bereaved family and friends group as this will connect you with people walking the treatment journey.

Follow the link I've created above then choose 'click to join' on the page that opens.

You can then introduce yourself and post questions using ’+New' and join in with existing discussions by clicking on 'reply'. 

It’s always good to talk, so can I highlight the Macmillan Support Line on 0808 808 00 00 This service covers Emotional Support and Practical Information mostly open 8.00 to 8.00

All the very best ((hugs))

Mike

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge