Mother in law with stage 4 lung cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 58 subscribers

First time I've ever been on one of these sites my partner's mum has lung cancer she is stage 4. The tumor has filled one of her lungs, and was only a couple of days ago we found out it has spread to her bones and blood. She is now at home with constant oxygen and she is very week. She is only 63 and it is heartbreaking for me and her family to see her decline so much. She doesn't seem to be in much pain but currently she is sleeping most of the time but very concerned about her quality of life as she keeps having severe panic attacks which cripple her mentally and physically. Her legs and feet are extremely swollen and she keeps sleeping half on the floor and on the bed could anyone advise us on what to do to get her back to a better quality of life. She is on medication for the anxiety but doesn't seem to be helping at all. She's quite a stubborn lady so we're struggling to help her 

• Hi and welcome to the online community

I'm very sorry to hear that your partner's mum has lung cancer which has spread to her bones. It must be a very difficult time for the whole family.

I can see that you've already found and joined the lung cancer and family and friends groups and I'm sure you'll find joining these invaluable for asking treatment questions and getting support.

When you have a minute, it would be really useful if you could pop something about your mother-in-law's journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"