Any one else caring for someone at the end of life?

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 57 subscribers

Hello I'm new, is anyone else out there caring for someone at the end of life? I think my mum only has a few days as she's stopped eating and drifts in and out of sleep constantly. I'm on my own with her which sometimes feels scary and terrifying but I'm glad I'm here as well if that makes sense. 

• Hi Mel  and welcome to the Online Community, although I am sorry to see you finding us and so sorry to hear about your mum’s diagnosis but I do hope that you will find the support in the Community very helpful......... unfortunately I cannot give you answers.

A terminal cancer diagnosis can indeed bring a lot of confusion, stress and many questions but I found talking with people who were on the same type of journey helped a lot.

I see that you haven’t joined any of our support groups yet so can I direct you to our supportive Carers only, Family and friends and Supporting someone with incurable cancer groups as these will help you connect with others supporting family through their cancer journey.

Posting in this group(s) will give you the opportunity to talk with people who know exactly what you are dealing with at the moment.

Follow the link(s) I've created, join the group(s), then hit ‘start a discussion’ and you are ready to go.

You could then copy and paste the information from this first post into your new discussion or you can just join in with existing ‘Discussions’ by clicking on 'reply'.

Can I also highlight our various Macmillan Support Line Services on 0808 808 00 00. This service covers Emotional Support, Practical Information. Clinical Information and Financial Support mostly open 8.00 to 8.00 but check the link but you may find the service very busy at the moment.

All the very best.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Thehighlander
    1. Hey Mike Thankyou very much, I think maybe I'll give the support line a ring. May help to chat properly Blush