How best to support my parents

• 22 replies
  • 51 subscribers

Hi,  my dad was recently diagnosed with stage 4. bowel cancer that has spread to his liver.  Found out last week that there is no treatment available so only palliative care.  Its going to take a couple of weeks for the Macmillan nurse to be  in touch.  In the meantime has anyone any advice on how best to support my parents process this news - I’m afraid to go to their home due to the risk of Coronavirus.  Thanks so much x

• I only use fb on my phone so it’s not very reliable!  Someone sent me a friend request on here which I think means you can send private messages so no problem sharing names then I suppose.  I’ve no idea how to send a friend request though Joy

• Hi again , so good to see you are getting some great support.

If you want send a member a Friend request click on THEIR Community name and just under their name you will see ‘Add Friend’ Click on this and follow the instructions and once that person ‘accepts’ your request you are up and running.

It is very important to keep personal info off these threads as there are people out their looking to collect personal info and abuse it Disappointed

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge