Lymphodema in the breast after breast cancer and 1 lymph node removed

• 2 replies
  • 6 subscribers

Hi I was diagnosed with stage 2 lobula cancer in August 2019 and after having a lumpectomy and a round of radio therapy I have now been diagnosed with lymphodema of the breast. Due to the Corona Virus my initial appointment with the Lympodema Clinic was cancelled.  Having researched how to treat from home and found some information online regarding lymphatic massage I was wondering if anyone has the same issue. What treatment is available to help with the build up of fluid ?  I am “well blessed “ as some would say but by the end of the day my breast is sore, uncomfortable and swollen.

when I have looked for info there are references to breast lymphodema but no specific information.

Any help would be Gratefully received.

thank you for taking the time to read my postHeart eyes  

• Two suggestions first is post on breast cancer forum and second  MacMillan do a booklet called understanding lymphoedma that you can download. It is full of information. In these uncertain times it covers on page 44 the question you are wanting answers for.

Take care and stay safe.  Pat xxx

• Hi 

I can give you the chance to download / read the Macmillan Understanding Lymphoedema booklet - Just click on the cover image below.

You can find and join the Breast Group here and as suggested by  do start a new discussion asking about this, it is fairly common after breast/lymph surgery.

Hope this is of some help for now, take care, G n' J