All the best for Wednesday

• 40 replies
  • 51 subscribers

Hi Annette,

Just wanted to wish you all the best for your operation on Wednesday and a good recovery afterwards.  Hopefully it will be a complete success.  I have mild compression of the spine and at some point in the future might need a similar operation.

love and hugs,

Gragon xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Annette, 

Just wanted to add my best wishes for your op on Wednesday and wish you a speedy recovery. 

Albondigas x 

• Hi Annette, just wanted to add my very best wishes for your op on Wed. I hope it'll greatly improve your quality of life by bringing pain relief and increased mobility. Thinking of you xx

Tinalay 
    Every bad situation is a blues song waiting to happen.
    Amy Winehouse.
  • Hi Annette, just wanted to add my best wishes for Wednesday. I hope all goes well and that you have a speedy recovery.

love and hugs 

Maggie xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Alive

Hi Annette

AngelFingers crossedFingers crossedVulcanThumbsupJoy

Trish x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Good luck. I hope you are back home as soon as possible

Button x

• WOW!! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! I must say that all your good wishes have really lifted my spirits! I feel quite overwhelmed. 

My husband and I will have to leave home about 6.20am on Wednesday, as I need to be there at 7am! Now for myself, I'm usually awake but my poor husband is not a morning person at all! What an unearthly hour to be up and out! I'm not allowed to take my iPad into hospital on Wednesday but my husband can bring it in on Thursday, when he visits. I will try to keep up with all the news but may not post or reply until I get home and I'm not sure when that might be!    Thanks again friends, sending my love to you ALL!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anndanv

Good luck Annette.

Hope you're not waiting all day after such an early start to it. 

Much love xx

• Hi Annette, just adding my good wishes for Wednesday. I hope arriving for 7 you are programmed in early, and that it is easier to cope with not having breakfast. I had surgery on the 7th to remove a lymph node that wasn’t responding to my Pembrolizumab treatment, it’s now part of a trial looking into resistance. I left home at 5:30 for a 7am arrival knowing my op wasn’t til 12:00. I play Pokemon Go and was delighted that during the wait there was a Pokemon stop reachable from the reception area ! One day I might be more grown up and read a book. Good luck / annette.

Take care KT

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anndanv

Lots of love

xxx

• Thanks again for all your good wishes, especially those who answered after my response! KT I have no problem doing without breakfast! The thing that is bothering me a little, is the fact I'm not allowed to take my iPad with me in the morning to the admissions suite. They say just overnight things, no jewellery,mobile phones, iPads,laptops etc but once I have been to theatre and moved to a ward, my husband can bring in anything else I need including these items. I am taking my Kindle (I read a lot) and also my Nintendo as I have crosswords, solitaire, sudoku and various other games to help pass the time. I will definitely miss the jigsaws I usually do on my iPad though but I think I can manage a day or two without it. I don't know when in the day I will be taken to theatre but will just have to content myself until it happens! I suppose people are meant to be resting (before their surgery) but I just couldn't sit and do nothing!

Thanks again everyone! Hope to let you know how things are doing, in a few days!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!