Three Good Things

• 600 replies
  • 56 subscribers

1. I'm just about to head off on a weekend with my eldest daughter (10) for a mothers and daughters activity weekend. It's raining but the wellies are packed! Hoping I survive! 

2. Head a tiny 3 week old baby this morning - gorgeous remembering new life - so small and perfect! 

3. Had a delivery of some amazing biscuits from a friend - special. 

Have a good weekend all, despite all the hard. 

Clare x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I bought myself a beautiful box from Isfahan for my dressing table. 

I managed most of my yoga class this morning 

I had a delicious lunch of egg, spinach, cheese and toast 

xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

In case you’re wondering about three good things, it’s something recommended for improving happiness. The act of thinking about and writing down three good things from our day - no matter how small - somehow changes the way we think. 

That’s the theory. It’s easy to look this up on google should you so wish. Join in if you like. Me, I like. Thanks for starting this, Clare 

xx

• Great idea Clare! 

Can't wait to hear about the activities, have a great weekend.

1 My identical twin came over to show off her new haircut and colour, it looks fab and has given her a much needed confidence boost.

2 Went to get flowers for a friend, and the lady took so much trouble putting them in a gift bag and co-ordinating layers of paper with the flowers. They look really special.

3 Heading out to our local pub tonight to have a birthday meal with a group of friends.       

xx

Tinalay 
    Every bad situation is a blues song waiting to happen.
    Amy Winehouse.
  • Hi all, three good things,

I had a nice lunch with a generous slice  of Victoria sponge with a friend.

8 other friends were already there. Totally unexpected as they usually go elsewhere.

Reminded that it was a surprise 90th birthday party tomorrow for lovely lady from church.

This is a great thread to have started. Thank you.

love and hugs 

Maggie xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Alive

Hi

Yet more lovely things.  

My mother had her 90th birthday yesterday so there is a big family party this weekend.

My chemo went well today.  All done and dusted in 5 hours

just had a delivery of beautiful flowers - anonymous, but with a heart touching message

Hope you have all had a good day

xxxx

• FormerMember

This is great

1) making a food list for Calli's 2 nd birthday  in 5 days time...i thinm im more excited than her

2) I've got the marsden march tomorrow with my cadets and I'm not going to think its only 5 miles because that is a challenge for me

3) I'm going to pic up the photos from oir family shoot this afternoon.

Have a good day. Xxx

• I bought some tulips for the garden, and they were reduced!

Ate a creme egg.

Saw some finches on the bird feeder.

Xx

Flowerlady x
  • After an absolutely dreadfully painful and sleepness night yesterday, dragged myself up and enjoyed:

1)   Went to see Giovanni Pernice (from Strictly Come Dancing) on stage at Taunton - absolutely brilliant

2)  Had meal out with my friend

3)   The bus both ways came on time!

Great day

xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Patti48

Today I took my oldest school friend to see Company, the revived 1970s Sondheim musical. Fabulous show. Fabulous lunch too. 

I’m home now and in my PJs and fluffy socks. 

I made hot cross buns earlier so I’m looking forward to eating one. 

Mmmmmm 

• FormerMember

1. Went shopping today and OH agreed to come with me - a VERY rare occurrence!

2. Bought a new pair of Skechers with diamantes on them

3. Managed a Costa coffee without a muffin or a cake (my hols to Mallorca are in 2 weeks and a couple of weeks of laying off the cakes are going to make ALL the difference AirplaneStuck out tongue winking eye