Three Good Things

• 600 replies
  • 54 subscribers

1. I'm just about to head off on a weekend with my eldest daughter (10) for a mothers and daughters activity weekend. It's raining but the wellies are packed! Hoping I survive! 

2. Head a tiny 3 week old baby this morning - gorgeous remembering new life - so small and perfect! 

3. Had a delivery of some amazing biscuits from a friend - special. 

Have a good weekend all, despite all the hard. 

Clare x

• Hi all,

three good things,

went to a 90th birthday tea today,lots of food lovely cakes and the lady it was for was totally surprised and thrilled to bits.

Brought a new dish drainer and thing to store all the brushes etc in. Chuffed because it all looks so tidy now.

Happy because with all the rain,I managed to stay dry.

love and hugs

Maggie xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi all

A good friend of 25 years texted me and we haven't seen each other for a couple of years. We're going to have lunch. 

He told me that he got engaged to his girlfriend of 4 years. 

My husband of 45 years got word yesterday that he is going to be a chief superintendent in the police from May 4th.

Take care all 

Trish

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi all. Three good things:

1. After nearly a fortnight of the occasional rabbit droppings I finally went for a proper poo and it was amazing! (TMI? Sorry Hugging)

2. We have a pair of hedgehogs living under the deck. 

3. OH cooked a fantastic beef stew for tea.

Hope everyone is well and enjoying this cold and wet weather brrr 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi! 

1. Some old friends from university took me out for lunch. Fab food and fab company. Again! I’m so lucky. 

2. My younger daughter completed the practice expedition for her silver  Duke of Edinburgh award. It was tough going out there this weekend. I am so proud of her. Her big sister was in the support team so I’m proud of them both. 

3. The sun came out right on time for a short walk this afternoon. I always feel better for a walk and today was no exception 

xx

• This is a great idea! I have been doing this for a while but didn't think of sharing it, well done Clare and it's great reading all these things!

three good things

1, Coming home from a terrific holiday and being able to turn on the tap and having a drink of ice cold clear water! (Not out of a bottle).  

2. The three huge hugs we received from our 3 grandchildren and all the kisses when they welcomed us home form holiday. (I don't know who was more excited, the children or my husband and I) Amazing!

3. Being able to go to our oldest granddaughter's 7th birthday party and lasting to the end, immediately after scans the day before and on the day of the party! (Saturday was a pj & slippers day!).

Its the little things that make the difference!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Three good things

the sun is shining here today.

taking my Mum who is 93 shopping in the mall today . She is excited has not been out since Christmas.

looking forward to my 5 day break in Porto with my husband we are going in 10 days time 

Ruth 

• Had a lovely walk with the dog down by the mausoleum 

My eldest is going scootering with friends from school this evening and is soooo excited. 

My wife and I shared a (much too) rare laugh when we discovered I had given my eldest a sympathy card for a woman we know who's mum has died to take to his teacher as I thought it was a note to let him out early for the dentist (confusion arose because both teacher and bereaved daughter are called Mrs. Kennedy) 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Graeme77

Oops! Joy

• Hi all,

Graeme77, that made me chuckle, hope the teacher understood.

Three good things,

The sun has been shining.

Made an appointment to have my hair cut next week.

Actually managed to do everything I planned to today without getting too tired.

love and hugs

Maggie xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Alive

Ooh it’s a struggle today. Long chemo session as the bloods had to be done twice and now the girls are kicking off about unpacking stinking backpacks after their Duke of Edinburgh walk in the wind and rain. So doing my three things will be good for me. 

1. A nice nurse made me a lovely cup of tea 

2. Another nice nurse found a spot for the cannula where I didn’t have to sit stock still in order to keep it running 

3. The doctor gave me some great results on my tumour marker. It’s the lowest it’s been in over 18 months. How cool is that. 

There! I feel better already. And the unpacking is underway. 

Xx