Depression

• 6 replies
  • 17 subscribers

I have suffered from depression for many years and have coping skills in place.

Recently I've been so tearful and finding it hard to cope.

I have secondary breast cancer to my bones.

I had a hard time throughout my breast cancer treatment with many complications. 

This was 2 years ago now.

Not long after finishing treatment I got the secondary breast cancer diagnosis.

I also suffer from Lupus Coeliac Disease and migraines. 

I feel I've no fight left in me.

I live alone with my wee dog.

Night-time is always the worst. 

Doreen.

• Hi   night times are always the worst, when we feel the most vulnerable deep in our own thoughts. I hope you are feeling better this morning.

Do you think you will benefit from speaking to someone at the macmillan support line. They are available 7 days a week from 8am until 8pm on 0808 808 00 00.

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Thank you. 

I will give them a phone.

Doreen.

• Hi Luppie Sorry for the late reply . I know how you feel and sometimes it's like a wave with highs and lows and boy have I had them . I went for counselling and quite a bit of it which really helped. This is not the answer but certainly helped me was Audible books which you can listen to whatever you fancy and hopefully gets you engrossed in a few good stories All the best Minmax  

• Thank you for reply.

I've spoken with Mcmillan today.

I can get some free counselling. 

4 sessions so see how that goes.

Doreen. 

• Hi Luppie Just on the off chance that it is going to take ages to sort out you can speak to your doctor and get them to speed the process up . I actually just went on line an chose a counsellor that had over 30 years experience and had worked for the NHS , I think she charged £70 for the first hour but she dropped this to £40 per hour and some weeks I might have gone 3 times . It really helped me and mental health is more important than any money imho All the Best Regards Minmax

• Thank you.

I spoke to Mcmillan nurse today.

There is a local hospice near me so I've to phone them for support and counselling  

I'm glad counselling helped you 

Doreen.