RECLUSE

• 5 replies
  • 19 subscribers

i have only left the house for hospital appointments in the past 4 years. 2020 came covid and I was diagnosed with breast cancer. because of chemo and the rest of it including surgery. I had to protect myself since my immune systems was weak.

now diagnosed with brain cancer, it cannot be cured.

I have gotten so used to be at home and with my brain cancer that I don't want to go out at all.

no more morning coffee with friends, no more lovely lunches and yet, I don't miss it.

I am 75 and have had an amazingly interesting life, I am saturated with life, and now all I want is to me home and potter about.

the problem is that I am getting judge from every direction for staying home. but I am most happy, comfortable and connected to the internet.

• Hi  

I'm sorry to read that others are judging you. It's difficult sometimes when people give their opinion, I know it leaves me unsettled and questioning. Just this week, I've declined a meet up with previous colleagues. I've had a difficult few months mentally and I know that if I'd gone, even though it would be lovely to see them, I know I'm not in a place to be unsettled further.

I think if you've been unwell, as you have, for a number of years, your energy levels deplete after all you've been through. People that are well don't understand this. If you are happy as you are, at home, then I think you've got to put yourself first and do what pleases you.

A x

What is a Community Champion?

I am a Macmillan volunteer. 

Macmillan Support Helpline

0808 808 00 00 

7 days a week between 8am -8pm

• You have to do what works for you. It is your life, live it your way. I'm a bit of an introvert, so I don't have that sense of loss when it comes to meeting people or going places. I like my little home, my space and just getting on with my own thing.  Keep on pottering about in your own space if that makes you happy :)

• Hi Xaviva,

Sorry to hear about being judged by others most who don't understand what living with cancer day to day is like.

It's your life ,live it your way home is safe I don't get out as much giving up work last year to cope with my cancer who needs to go out everything is available via the internet all the best keep smiling Ryan 

• yes i like the word you used..unsettled...i have been so unsettled, scared and worried since brain cancer diagnose. j am very settled at home and its my safe place to withstand the avalanche of cancer...

• Hi Xaviva, as the guys have said it all, I am just sending hugs, be kind to yourself, you come first

Eddie xx