Surgery coming up.

• 7 replies
  • 18 subscribers

Hi guys, 

I haven't been on here for a while as I've been ill on and off. I'm now waiting to go and have HIPEC surgery in a week. I'm so scared,  terrified in fact. 

I know I need the op as at the minute I have less than a year but after surgery, possibly up to five. 

I think I'm more worried about the recovery and what they might have to end up removing. I've read a post where the person had surgery and is  anger free yet another said the cancer  are back five months later and he died. I get everyone is different but my heads all over the place. Sorry to go on and thanks for reading. 

Take care and stay safe. 

• Hi Dogman, I understand how you feel  just before they came to take me to surgery I felt like going to go home. Don't listen to these reports. As you said we are all different. Try to keep busy on the lead up to you surgery. Phone Macmillan to talk through your conserns , they are very good. take care sending good vibes xx

Moi

• Hi dogman  I can relate to some of what you have said in your profile  .I wanted 6 and half hrs for ambulance. Told doctors in hospital I cudnt lay flat so what did they do pressed the bed down flat. The pain was unreal and I shouted at them that I had told them I couldn't lay down. 8 months later I was told I to had 6 months to a year to live  .a year amd half im still here thankfully . Everyone needs a good cry to let it all out. I'm always doing it. Your emotions run wild .keep thinking positively and good on you for all them miles you cover ever day with your pooches. Take care x

• Hi  

Hello Nick, I understand where you're coming from in being in two minds about the surgery. It may be because you have been through so much already. The PTSD will worry you as well. It's not easy to do but try to think of it as a positive, that they can still offer you treatment and hope. I hope you're having a better day today.

A x

What is a Community Champion?

I am a Macmillan volunteer. 

Macmillan Support Helpline

0808 808 00 00 

7 days a week between 8am -8pm

• Hi Dogman I can definitely understand how you feel right now. I’m sorry that you’re feeling so anxious about your surgery and the recovery. I feel the same. I’m having surgery on Monday and if I don’t, have only months left. I don’t know if mine will be keyhole or open, so no idea how long I’ll be in hospital, or what the recovery time will be. Are these the sort of things you’re most worried about? I hope you post again before your surgery. I hope you’ve got something to keep you busy. I assume we have dogs in common given your username! Take care. 

• Hi there, hope you are ok Dogman. I can totally empathise with your pre op fears. Read your profile, and I thought I had been unlucky! I’ve got cats not dogs but same thing their love and needs keep me going. I’m sure the walks do you no end of good too. All the best. 

• Hi, please read my post. I was terrified and nearly bottled out but so happy I didn't. Are you having it done at bassingstoke  if so they are amazing people. I can't put into words how great the staff were. From ITU to being on the ward, private room really,! Your on a one to one basis 24/7 with experience staff. 

I know you terrified, I was in tears the day before and can't remember the journey there or even staying the first night before tge op. You'll be OK, I promise. 

Take care and be strong. 

• Just replied my own post! Having a moment, soory