Wills

• 5 replies
  • 17 subscribers

Hello

Does anyone have any advise on getting a will written?  I'm not very mobile and so would struggle to get to a solicitors.  I've been trying to do a will through Town and Country Law, someone phoned me and said they would send me an email requesting information but they have failed to email me.  I just want a simple will with a small donation and the rest split between 2 people.

• Hi  

If you need help to find a solicitor, you can contact the Law Society of England and Wales.

Tel 0207 242 1222 www.solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk

Macmillan has a list of organisations that can offer a discounted will writing service. The organisation's offer a range of online, telephone and face to face services. You do not have to leave a gift to Macmillan in the will to get a discount. You can ring the Macmillan helpline to find out more, this is the link to contact https://www.macmillan.org.uk/about-us/contact-us

Or you can visit www.macmillan.org.uk/willwriting

Remember to say that you will need a home visit due to your reduced mobility. Hope this helps.

A x

What is a Community Champion?

I am a Macmillan volunteer. 

Macmillan Support Helpline

0808 808 00 00 

7 days a week between 8am -8pm

• Hi not sure on this, though i bet others are.

I am sure Macmillan,do  some thing on those lines,

I really hope overs come along to help you, x

• I think they would come out to you if you explained your circumstances.  I'm getting one done sane as you simple will with two people .I rang around different ones and got the cheapest quote. I don't have property or anything like that so I just went with cheapest solicitors. Hope you get sorted x

• Lots of organisations offer free will writing -- to encourage people to do it and because they know it will result in more business further down the line.  Every year there's a free will writing month (Oct & March) and solicitors UK wide jump on the free publicity that comes with it.  We did ours on a free will week campaign.   thinking about it retrospectively, I think it might have been a donation of £50.   But I've seen pension companies offer the same free service as well.  Your last workplace might offer something?     Or this from reputable advisor https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/family/free-cheap-wills/ which mentions the National Free Will network.    Good luck.  

• Thanks for this.  I now know what I want to do, I was tempted by the cheap will writing services but I'm now going to look for a proper solicitor.