First time

• 18 replies
  • 19 subscribers

This is the first time I have been on this as I have kept my diagnosis secret, I was diagnosed in December, no treatment for the cancer, I had COPD I thought it was that making me really breathless, my family know now so I can stop hiding it

• I am still in shock I think being told its spread and loosing my voice 

• Hi there..i to have lung cancer what did spread to lymph nodes and brain...terminal but treatable.i was diagnosed in October 2015!!!!! still alive and living life 

• I am not getting treatment they told me there was nothing they can do 

• Oh bless you. What have they told you is the next step in regards to a follow up.

Sending lots of love n hugs xxxx

Judy

• Good morning Njec123, if you press on my picture you can read my profile. The cancer spread to my lungs and othere places after bowel cancer. It really takes time. Get in touch with Macmillan help line or your cancer nurse for some counselling and some  Reiki or massage to relax you, it really does help. Sending hugs xx

Moi

• Hi njek71.  I agree with everyone else you will get  a lot of comfort from this group. I dont post everyday but I do read through every day to keep up to date .this group has helped me massively . I was told a year ago I had 6 / 12 months .I'm still here going on little holidays and day trips. Try to focus on the positive things even tho it might not seen like there is any at thr moment u will be surprised how strong you are . .wen I spoke to my consultant he sed wen he told me my outcome he had to go by sasistics as no two people are the same. I hope you keep chatting to us all and find comfort x

• Hi  

I'm sorry to read of your diagnosis and the fact that you don't have any option of treatment. This must be very hard for you and your family to face. I don't know how you managed to keep it secret, you must be a very strong character. Welcome to the incurables group. It is a lovely group with friendly and very supportive people. Keep in touch, we will want to know how you getting on.

A x

What is a Community Champion?

I am a Macmillan volunteer. 

Macmillan Support Helpline

0808 808 00 00 

7 days a week between 8am -8pm

• I wish you didn't need to post! However, even though this is the worst group to need it is the very best to be part of. People are so supportive and we have more chance of understanding the ups and downs. X

X