Hi All delighted you can read this

• 16 replies
  • 67 subscribers

Hi All had base of tongue cancer that spread to lymph nodes had radio and chemo all sorted happy days , partner of 30 years left  Diagnosed with heart failure . Someone drove into me while I was stationary at traffic lights , don't know why but rang cancer nurse who made appointment with consultant , He said you might not need an operation but you are having one lol. They removed 33 lymph nodes 2 were cancerous , Got the all clear for a while , 8.5 cm tumour on liver non cancerous and unspecified node on lungs , great no cancer . Another scan tumour on liver cancerous and in neck and both lungs . I asked the   oncologist  underling who was doing the interview  am I brown bread and she said yes which was a bit choking and made me upset . She said usually they would not offer treatment but only because I was fit they would treat me. I said let's do it and signed the consent forms there and then. She said there is a 30% chance of it working . I am doing 6 chemo of carboplatin and 5fu every 3 weeks , I saw oncologists assistant again and she said I would be looking at months rather than years worse case , She doesn't seem exactly pumped up for this cancer lark is my observation so far