Saying hello

• 6 replies
  • 65 subscribers

Hi all

I'm new. Spread from initial bowel.cancer, surgery and now about a year of chemotherapy, most of which hasn't worked. However, apart from side effects I'm still up and about. I have a v demanding little cat to look after!  I've got a responsive team who monitor and tailor the dose. It's nice to see messages from people still going. Gives us all hope.

• Hello FendiP and a warm welcome the forum, though sorry you have to be here, have seen you post on the bowel cancer forum which i am on as well. Sorry to hear treatment isn't going as well as hoped though nice to hear you are still active and can get around and have your cat to keep you busy and no doubt entertained. You will find the wonderful  people on here happy to help and support you in any way we can, many of them still going well past their doctors expectations and who offer a little hope to us all, take care.

Eddie

• Hello FendiP, been a month since last post and was wondering how you are doing and how's your little furry friend. I hope the side effects are easing and you feel ok, take care.

Eddie

• Hi Eddie

So nice of you to think of me and my furry dictator. I'm in the mid week cycle of my treatment so sore hands+feet and feeling sorry for myself. It will pass soon but there's always that bit. Also, my last scan was considerably less worse so it's worth persevering. I can offer advice on ointments etc. and am always pleased to receive the same.

I hope things are going as well as they can be for you and if I can offer advice, I will. It is lovely to have people reach out. 

Madam is not happy with the weather and is in hibernation

• Hi FendiP, good to hear your treatment is helping, though i think side effects get everyone, but nice to know your continuing with it. Chemo not for me due to heart problems, had radiotherapy which worked well alongside hormone therapy, now it's regular tests to keep an eye on things. Only cream i use is proshield plus,  so if i ever need any other creams i know where to come for advice, Never known a cat that likes getting wet but it has to dry up soon then she will be happy. Feel free to post me anytime or join in any conversations on the forum, take care.

Eddie

• Hi  

I'm sorry I missed your post 1 month ago and thanks Eddy for raising it back to the top again. A very warm welcome to the group. I'm sorry you find yourself here but it is a great bunch of people here, very friendly and supportive.

I am currently stable after treatment which finished Sept 2022. My profile is on if you would like to read. Just click on my username. It's a good idea to write a profile yourself as it helps others get to know you and it saves you repeating yourself. Just click on your own username then profile and save when you've written it.

I'm sorry to read that you're not so well because of chemo. I've got some idea of how you feel. I had carboplatin and paclitaxel. Chemo is the only line of treatment for my cancer so I can have it again because there's been a long enough interval since the last course. I've been told that it becomes less effective with subsequent courses though.

I love your cat, she looks lovely. I've got a little budgie friend. I think they help us get through difficult times. This is a link to another group you might like

Animals are family too forum 

I hope you're feeling a bit better soon

A x

What is a Community Champion?

I am a Macmillan volunteer. 

Macmillan Support Helpline

0808 808 00 00 

7 days a week between 8am -8pm

• Hi FendiP, This is the first time I have seen your post, so sorry for the delay in welcoming you, but a warm welcome now!

Yes there are lots of us here past our sell by date, there is always Hope! I thought dogs were demanding and cats just did their own thing! I don't have either so what do I know! Lol!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!