Not long diagnosed and having treatment problems already.

• 15 replies
  • 67 subscribers

Hi All,

Firstly, I have to say you guys have really helped me through the bad days dealing with my diagnosis. This is my first post but I've been reading all yours since August. It's helped to know we all have good and bad days, and my big girl knickers have been put on a few times.

I'm not the best at expressing myself or messaging lots but this seems like a good supportive group of people.

Here is a quick run down.

I'm 47 and have a little 5yr old boy (single parent). In 2019 I found a lump BC and had 2 surgery's to remove. Then in August I got the call to say its spread to my bones & lungs. Started on treatment (Ribociclib, denosaub, zoledex and letrozole). 

After first cycle I was neutropenic so dose reduced. Just finished my 3 cycle, had blood test on Monday got a call to say liver isn't looking good, repeat of bloods on Wednesday and they were so bad I've been admitted to hospital. Feeling very scared at the moment. Even though I've been off the Ribociclib for 10 days the LFT results keep getting worse.

Terrified that my liver isn't going yo get better and even if it does then I won't be able to carry on with my treatment plan.

On a positive, I had a lymph node biopsy and it was clear, and the Ultrasound of my abdomen didn't show tumors.

Guess I'm writing this as I'm having a tough day, feel each time I think 'OK I can do this' I get beaten down again.

And I just want to be at home with my little boy.

Sorry for the poor me intro

Nicola

• Good, keep being you, I had a bacon butty for breakfast , forgot to do my overnight oats. Bet your dad is loving  elf on the shelf. My grandsons are big boys now13 and 15, coming home for Christmas (they live in Spain). My husband turns into a naughty boy when there here the gang of 3. Onwards and upwards. Stick to uour goal, home for Christmas.  By the way we all have a little cry, then put our big girl knickers on. Hug and good vibes xx

Moi

• Hi Nicola sending love and positive vibes your way. Love it that your dad is looking after your gorgeous son and planting the elfs what fun they will have. 
    we all empathise with you for we fully understand where your at. But keep in touch so we can support you and each other. 
    love Judy Heart️ 

• Thank you Judy,

Your kind words mean a lot.

X

• Morning Nicola

Glad you fill a bit more positive.

No one really understands, how some one with Cancer fills at times, and we do try to protect are nearest and dearest.

Though as you now know, because you have posted, its like a Shift Pattern here, early birds, late birds and in-between birds.

Everyone fills more positive when you put pen to paper, and get it of your chest with the troubles, of the day.

Your little boy, will think Christmas has come early, being with  his Nan and Grandad. 

• Hi  

Hello Nicola and a warm welcome to the group. I'm sorry to read of all that's been going on and that you are in hospital. This is a lovely group with lots of friendly, supportive people. You can read anyone's story by clicking on their username. I hope things improve for you and that you can go home to your little boy. Best regards.

A x