Neuroendocrine cancer

• 4 replies
  • 67 subscribers

Hi I'm new to this forum, but have had cancer for 9 years. I have recently been told it has worsened and is incurable. It has been quite a big shock although, as we know as soon as you are diagnosed, you are  waiting for this term. I am going through a lot of emotions at the moment, waiting to decide which treatment/s will help the most.

Thank you for letting me post.

Lindy-Sue

• Hi  

I'm sorry to read that your cancer has got worse and is now incurable. Incurable but treatable and hopefully treatable for a long time yet. Welcome to the online community and our group. We are all friendly and supportive here as you will see once you get more replies. We understand when family and friends often don't. We 'get it' because we have all been there being told the worst news. I am incurable but I am currently stable after treatment. I became stage 4 approx 4 months after being told that it was a simple cancer. If you would like to read my profile just click on my username. It's a good idea to write a profile yourself as it helps others in their replies to you and saves you repeating yourself. Just click on your own username then profile and save. Let us know how you are getting on and which treatment you decide on. 

A x

• Thank you sister moon x I will set up my profile- I thought I had but I’ll check it.

• Hello Lindy Sue and well done in reaching out to our community. as sistermoon suggests a personal profile would be a big help. I too am terminal and can understand the emotions you and many others, including myself, have to deal with, from a personal point of view i  found help from my local cancer charity Aurorawellbeing, Maggies Centres my hospice and the macmillan online community who have all been wonderful. I know the waiting can be difficult so maybe support  from people and groups who know and understand and are going through similar journeys could benefit you. please take care, Eddie

• Thank you. Yes I am in a couple of forums now and my local cancer centre which is Sue Young cancer support, which is very helpful.