Incurable but treatable

• 36 replies
  • 70 subscribers

Hi there, l am editing and updating this post in light of a new development. Please see my Profile on Onk for my full story.I was diagnosed 3 years ago with Primary peritoneal cancer. I have had chemo, immunotherapy, chemo again, debulking op and bowel surgery and a stoma and removal of my omentum and another couple of cycles of chemo. At that point, last December l was NED. Since March this year, l have been on Niraparib. I have been so well all summer but became ill just this last week. Yesterday Friday 13th October, l spent all day in A & E from 11am until midnight. I had a CT scan. I was on my own for the result. My cancer has recurred (as l suspected) … So on Monday l will be contacting my oncology team to discuss a possible plan. I am so glad l joined this forum. I already feel well supported. 

• That's because they can't see inside us or feel our pain.

• Onk, I wish I was close enough to give you a huge hug.  I am so very sorry that you lost your daughter, I can not imagine what you’ve been through.  
    Sending you much love, Tina xxx

• Wow  you've come through a lot. Sorry to read of your daughter and son in law, that must be very hard for you. You are a very tough lady to keep pushing for treatment. It's amazing and shows a great strength of will.

Welcome to the group, sorry I am late to respond, I have been away for a few days in Edinburgh. As you have found, this group is great and full of friendly supportive people who understand. My husband likes Only fools and horses, I'm more a fan of The Royle family and Dinner ladies. I'm still amazed at your story, you keep keeping on.

A x

• Hi there - Thank you for replying and the welcome. I have read your story on your profile also. And you have been through so much too and come out fighting. Cancer is a horrible disease and keeps coming back. Mine is similar to yours. I need to update my profile as l spent all day in A & E yesterday, had a CT scan and told the bad news that my cancer has recurred top of my vagina and on my liver. The new ‘wonder drug’ Niraparib didn’t work for me! But your story gives me hope. You are doing amazingly well. Xxx

• Hi  

I'm sorry to read of this new development for you. I hope that your oncologist can offer more treatment.

Thank you for your kind words. 

A x

• Hi Onk I’m so very sorry to hear you’ve had a recurrence. It doesn’t seem fair when you’ve already been through so much. I’ll be keeping everything crossed that your oncologist already has a plan for you. X