Incurable but treatable

• 36 replies
  • 70 subscribers

Hi there, l am editing and updating this post in light of a new development. Please see my Profile on Onk for my full story.I was diagnosed 3 years ago with Primary peritoneal cancer. I have had chemo, immunotherapy, chemo again, debulking op and bowel surgery and a stoma and removal of my omentum and another couple of cycles of chemo. At that point, last December l was NED. Since March this year, l have been on Niraparib. I have been so well all summer but became ill just this last week. Yesterday Friday 13th October, l spent all day in A & E from 11am until midnight. I had a CT scan. I was on my own for the result. My cancer has recurred (as l suspected) … So on Monday l will be contacting my oncology team to discuss a possible plan. I am so glad l joined this forum. I already feel well supported. 

• I for bid you to go, so behave yourself 

• Hi Moi, People can be so heartless, good for the person who put them out. I used to be in a Tennis Club and of course I had to withdraw from the club and the team. I met someone from the team a couple of years after dx and they actually said to me " Oh hi, I thought you were dead!" Then she realised what she'd just said and walked away. I was stunned, as were the people around me! 

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi Annette some people are just dont think what they say. its awful but we get used to it in the end. Then they get a shock when there told were to get off. lol . How is Vince doing hope he's on the mend. Take care. Sending hugs good vibes . xx   

Moi 

• That tennis player definitely not a friend oh my goodness.

• Hi Moi, your up early, my excuse is it's bone tablet day, to dark to know what the day is going to turn out, and we have covid injections at 1pm

• Hi Ulls, no problems had a good sleep but just woke early. I've had my covid jab, no side effects arm a little sore thats all. I'm back on my trearment this morning first for 3 months, maybe thats why I'm awake so early, who knows. Hope you dont have long to wait to eat or drink after your bone pill. I'm just going for another cuppa and thinking what to have for breakfast. xx

Moi

• Aw… that is absolutely disgusting!!! People do say some thoughtless things and you do get used to it after a while - but we shouldn’t have to! 

• I have to have 1 hour between taking the bone tablet with 750ml of water have to stay sitting up throughout, had breakfast now starting 2nd cup of decaf coffee and all other meds taken.

• I know luv it's a needs must thing, isn't  it, is it once a week or once a month. Just going to shower and wait for nurse xx

Moi

• Hi All, It is really quite tragic that we do get used to people saying these hurtful things without them thinking how they would feel if it was said to them.

The problem is.....these people don't think!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!