Hi all

• 15 replies
  • 67 subscribers

So having stood on the sidelines I've decided to take the plunge and post.

I'm 54 with Renal cancer and mets in bones and lungs. Permanently tube fed as tumour is obstructing stomach  Following a 14 week stay in hospital my prognosis is poor lol.

Emotions go from ok to sobbing on a daily basis and am genuinely scared of what's round the corner for both myself and my husband..

Am enjoying reading the posts and will be posting again no doubt.

Cheers - Stu.

• Hey Judy,

They certainly are lol had a tough couple of days but I'm still smiling......just lol

I hope your keeping well x

Stu

• Then I must put on a smile too! I'm like a yo yo x

• Hi Stuart, Sorry I am a bit late to welcome you to the roller coaster that is incurable cancer! I am so pleased you decided to post and say hello. I see you have taken some advice already by contacting MacMillan about counselling, that's a great start!

The thing I want to talk about is Hope! I am one of several people here who has lived well passed my sell by date. They are coming up with new treatments and drugs regularly for all different types of cancer. So where there's life there's Hope. You just have to hang about a bit until they find the right one for you. You have taken the most important steps joining us here! Well done to you!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Many thanks for your kind words.

• Hi  

I'm sorry to read of your diagnosis and prognosis, it must be hard to deal with. Well done on looking into counselling. I had 2 short courses, 1 was provided by Macmillan and arranged by my CNS. It was good and I took something from it but it was by telephone, with not many questions asked. The 2nd short course was by psychiatry in a hospital and I got much more from this but it also made me think about my own solutions. The right questions were asked, I think. I read Dame Deborah James book - How to live when you could be dead, around this time and it helped me focus on the things I enjoy doing and how to fit these into my days.

Anyway, well done on posting and welcome to the group. Everyone is right, it's a fab group of supportive friendly folks. All different cancers but all in the same position, to varying degrees. Keep posting, you'll always find support here.

A x