Devastated

• 5 replies
  • 68 subscribers

Diagnosed with Lung & Bone cancer 6 weeks ago have been told its incurable but may be treatable I had fluid on the lung which was how the cancer was first found at A&E after chest x-ray and fluid was drained but inconclusive results a bone biopsy was done last week to determine what type of cancer it is for any treatment plan, I have had breast cancer twice 33yrs ago then again 23yrs ago so it's suspected another reacurance, results back yesterday but unclear so need to have another bone biopsy done then possibly a lung biopsy if still unclear. I have seen lung doctor as follow up x-ray shows more fluid accumulating but haven't seen oncologist yet until they can determine what type of cancer it is then appointment will be made to discuss. I have a cancer nurse contact from hospital by phone who has been helpful with information etc. 

My husband has been a great support but I'm just feeling so anxious, down & finding it so hard to come to terms with after being cancer free for such a long time, not sure how to cope with this. 

• Hi  

I'm very sorry to hear of your cancer recurrence after being cancer free for a long time. It must be an awful shock for you and your family. You have come to the right place for friendly support, this is a great group of people as you will find out from the replies that follow. I think once you know exactly what you're dealing with and the doctors plan for you, you may feel a bit better. I have had a different type of cancer, you can click on my username if you would like to read my profile. It's a good idea to write a profile yourself as it helps other members in their replies to you and saves you repeating yourself. Just click on your own username then profile and don't forget to save. You can add to it at any time. 

If you need to speak to someone for advice or support the Macmillan helpline is open and they are excellent. This is the link to contact https://www.macmillan.org.uk/about-us/contact-us.

Keep posting and I hope you get a treatment plan soon.

A x

• Hi Martello

Welcome to the group, you will find we are a great bunch who will help and support you all we can because we can say we know what your feeling.

It's s early days for you so just take it one day at a time, well done on beating breast cancer twice so you know what it takes. When you have a treatment plan you will feel much better because you will be in control. Don't suffer in silence do talk to your nurse and use the Macmillan helpline and of course you can always come to the forum, there's always someone here will to offer support so for now just know your not alone.

Try and have a good weekend sending a hug if it helps

Donna

• I first had cancer at 16 years of age. Different cancer at 62,then came back at 66. I have been told its incurable. I am still positive, l posted previously I will not give up fighting, my wife and I are determined to enjoy the time we have. I know its hard but try and stay positive. You will always find support from the people in this group . Take care.

Headchef.

• Hi Martello, I just wanted to welcome you to the Group. We are a supportive, talkative bunch who will be there for you when needed.

The others have said what was in my mind about getting a treatment plan in place. I do hope this is third time lucky for you and once gone it will never come back.

please let us know what plan they have for you, when you know!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi Martello

I'm sorry to hear of your recent diagnosis. What a shock it must have been for you. 

As everyone else has said, this is a place where you can share experiences and hopefully get reassurance, support and hope.

It will be difficult for you to come to terms with after all of these years cancer free, but so much has changed in the way of care, treatment and medications that will be available to you, so this is a positive thing to focus on immediately.  Once you know exactly what the cancer is, and what the plan will be to deal with it, then you can find the strength needed to get through this, again!

Big hug from me,  Helen xx

Helen