New to forums

• 14 replies
  • 67 subscribers

Hi everyone

Not really sure what to say here, Ive never joined a forum before but I guess I'll just tell you a bit about my journey so far, here goes.....

So I was diagnosed 2 years ago at 37 with rectal cancer and they were very positive about treatment. I had radiation first of all but unfortunately this didnt work. I then had surgery last August and had lots of things removed and reconstructed. This didnt go as well as was hoped and I was told a few months ago that they wont be able to cure it now but hoping we can manage it. 

So currently I'm getting chemo. I have a scan at the end of the month to see if it has shrunk. Hopefully it has and I can have a wee break from chemo until it starts to grow again.

Im not sure how long they can give you chemo im scared to ask the question so I just havent, id rather just live day to day with hope rather than be told a timeline.

Anyway thats where I am at the minute (apologies for the long winded story)

I have never joined a forum or talked to anyone else really who is going through the same thing, I dont even really know why I'm here now but here I am lol 

It will be nice to feel part of a community and not so alone. I should also say that I have the most amazing family support but I find I try not to worry them so im always 'fine' and 'i feel great nothing to worry about' so it might be nice to have a place to say how I really feel.

I feel like I'm ranting on and on here so i'll stop now lol 

I hope everyone has an amazing hope filled day and look forward to getting to know you all

Sending lots of positivity to everyone

• Lol thanks Judy,  im feeling the love already xxx

• Hello Liz, a very warm welcome to you. Several lovely people have already responded to you and I echo all their comments. I feel comforted knowing that however I am feeling, I can post on here and aHeartfab person will reply, sometimes several! The number doesn’t matter, it just helps me ground myself and get back to living day to day - and not go down a rabbit hole of ‘how long have I got?. Yes, lots of different cancers here but we all ‘get it’ and share laughs along the way. Best wishes to you Heart️xxxxxx

• Hi Liz39, your in the right place to rant and rave. You'll find lots of support, advice and and friendship on here. We all try to save our loved one's  more hurt so come on here and vent. A lot of use are incurable but treateble. One day at a time and be kind to yourself.  Do keep posting Liz, look forward to chatting to you xx

Moi

• Hi  

Hello Liz and a warm welcome to the group. I know what you mean about friends and family and I only tell others as much as I think they can handle. It's nice to have a place to come to and know that whatever I say I won't be judged and that people understand because they are going through it as well. I liked   comment about oddball humour, we like a laugh and sometimes the humour is dark but it gets us through. This is not always understood by friends and family and I've had some odd looks if I try to make light of my situation. I'm now in the position of being stable after treatment and family want to think I'm cured and there's been divine intervention. Nothing to do with surgery and the gruelling treatment then!

You've come to the right place for understanding and support. Hope you get the reprieve from the chemo Liz,

A x