New here

• 6 replies
  • 67 subscribers

I was diagnosed with secondary breast cancer in October 22 small mets to spine just finished 6 rounds of chemotherapy and now will continue with phesgo (targeted therapy) have way scan showed treatment working. Has anyone got any positive phesgo stories. Also been told my cancer can be treated like a chronic disease. So scared I’ve got small children xx

• Hello Lindz, a very warm welcome to you. I don’t have experience of Phesgo - hopefully someone else can come forward with this. You may also find it useful to join the Secondary Breast Cancer forum too for feedback on Phesgo.

I was diagnosed in November 2019 with Secondary Breast Cancer in the Bones - I hadn’t felt well for several months pre-diagnosis so in a strange way, there was a small bit of relief that there was a reason for me feeling so physically dreadful.

I do agree with seeing it as a chronic disease which can be treated. Everyone reacts differently to the various treatments but I’ve been on Targeted Therapy of Palbociclib, Letrozole and Denosumab injections plus Zoladex injections (now stopped due to menopause) plus Ad-cal tablets until last month. As of yesterday, I am now on Capecitabine chemo tablets. I might not be the best advertisement for treatments as I only lasted 2 years on the Palbociclib and whilst it held off the cancer, I had no quality of life so between my fab Oncology Team and I, I stopped taking it, back in November 2021. However, I only read yesterday (on another website ) that a woman has been on it for 6 years and doing fine.  So please hold onto that. There are various treatment options and if I can give any advice, try and stay in the moment or the day.  Fear causes all of us, including me, to jump ahead and ask, ‘what if this treatment doesn’t work’ and it steals our joy.  I for one am finding this Forum a safe and warm space to share the high and lows, plus humour and adventures too! Best wishes to you and any questions, please ask. xxxxxx

• Thank you for your reply it’s such a scary time and I can’t get my head around it. I had a half way scan and all was stable i due another scan soon and I’m so scared my treatment has stopped working xxxx

• Hi  

Welcome to the group. None of would want to be here given the choice but we make the most of the hand we've been dealt. Everyone is very supportive and we like a laugh, usually dark humour, if we don't laugh we'd cry type of thing. If you feel up to it you might want to complete your profile, if you click on your user name, you can write it. It makes it easier for people to get to know you and saves you repeating yourself. Click on anyone's username to read theirs or to give you an idea of what to write. I can appreciate that it must be scary when you've got small children but that's reassuring to be told they'll treat it like a chronic condition. I finished my treatment in September 22, I'm currently stable. Keep in touch Lindz,

A x

• Hi Lindz, so glad you found your way over here. It’s such a supportive group x

• I’ve read your profile and I think you are amazing HeartHeart️keep in touch xxxx

• Hi  

Sorry I hadn't seen your post till now. Thank you for saying I'm amazing, I'm really not, but thank you. 

Xxx