New here

• 9 replies
  • 67 subscribers

Hi Wave

Just saying Hello, I'm new to this particular forum. 

I have stage 4 breast cancer that's spread to my lungs. 

The middle lobe on my right lung no longer exists, the bottom one is only partly there and the top lobe is hazy because it isn't getting enough oxygen,  one of the tumours sits in the bronchi leading to all 3 lobes and I've been given 6-12 months to live. 

Treatment will make no difference. 

• Hi Nala, nice to see you here though not great reason sorry about that! I think we chatted on the breast cancer group didn’t we? So I won’t go on but just will say that You will find so much support here, so many kind people and always someone around to chat to. And lots will share their experiences with you. 
    sending big hugs and love virtually to you

Jac x

• Good to meet you Nala, although the circumstances are sad. This is a wonderful group and very friendly. There is usually someone around to give you support and everyone understands what you are going through.

I decided a while ago to pay no attention to time limits set by medics. They are just numbers and everyone is different.

What will be will be, as the song says. 

For an incurable group, we're a positive bunch. It didn't take me long to feel at home here. 

Speak to you soon. Xxx

• Hello Nala, a very warm welcome to you. I have found this group to be a breath of fresh air and I hope you find it a help to you in whatever way you wish or need it to.  Best wishes and I look forward to getting to know you. xxxx

• Hi Jac,

Yes we've spoke, you was the one who told me about this group hehe. 

Thank you for the warm welcome x

• Hi Anna,

Thank you for the warm welcome , despite the circumstances.

I try not to think about the time limit they've given me, purely because like you say no-one really knows how long someone as left and people who have been given a limit can either go sooner or later.

I have gotten some of my affairs in order to save me doing it at a later date x

• Hello Ruby,

Thank you for the warm welcome .

I'm looking forward to speaking and getting to know you and others x

• Hi  

A very warm welcome to the group, I'm very sorry to hear your sad news. I've read your profile, I bet this was a shock for you and your family. Everyone is very supportive here and there's always someone around to chat to, even in the middle of the night. Keep posting and letting us know how you are getting on.

A x

• Hello Nala, as everyone is welcoming you. We'er all in the same boat rant if you feel like chat and laugh, we're a good bunch. Take care xx

Moi

• Hello nala. I'm a bit late to the party, but a warm welcome from me too.

Rainie x