18 months to 2 years.

• 7 replies
  • 67 subscribers

Hello everyone.

Last Tuesday I was told when I asked about the prognosis of my Cancer having been told it’s spread to my Liver I have 18months to 2 years life expectancy.
However I have received a letter about an appointment on the 8th of March so I will leave any further posts to after I have been to the hospital.
Meanwhile I will try and keep myself occupied best I can.
Chromeplated.

• Hi , Welcome to the group no one wants to belong to, but are also glad to, as it is such a supportive one. As we all know prognosis is a dodgy game, and so many people are well past sell by dates, so hopefully you wont see it as set in stone. Living day to day is all any of us can do, with hopefully some built in short term plans - going to concerts, plays, whatever floats your boat etc. Living with your condition ( as in your profile) does make life more difficult but I am sure you are the one who knows how to handle it best. Here's hoping you can get on with things whilst waiting to see what the hospital team have to offer.

x

• Ownedbystaffies, thanks very much. I am waiting for approval from the admin team about a video film I have made about my hope to get back to Pembrokeshire one more time before logging off this mortal coil.
    I enjoy making short videos about Pembrokeshire and have about 30 on my YouTube account. 
    So far I have taken the news as, that’s life and tell those who ask me how I am, we all have to go sooner or later and the only difference between me and you  is I know a little more about when I will be saying bye bye.

Take care talk soon Chromeplated.

• Welcome chromeplated...like that name!!!

Yes to hear the sell by date is hard. But here, we all learned to life with it...and most of us longer then expected. They told me, i got 10-12 months...soooooo it was now over 6 years ago...still here. 

Hope you get some good news about treatment on your app. 

Take care, Pet

• Welcome to the forum, sorry you have a need to be here.   As has been said many people on here have exceeded their sell by date some by quite a lot . Some people are being kept alive by treatments that didn’t exist when they were first diagnosed.  Let’s hope they have a few options for you in March

Richard

be safe, be nice, be you 

• Pet1968, thanks for that. It must be almost embarrassing for anyone who tells a patient how long they have and gets it so wrong. 
    Well done for proving them wrong.

• Fingers crossed Richard fingers crossed. If I could just be able to travel further than just down the road and within access to toilets it would be great.
    John.

• Hello Chromeplated and welcome. We're all in the same boat here but there is much support and advice from everyone and when it all gets a bit much come on and chat to us. We will understand. All good wishes and I hope you soon have a treatment plan in place. Rainie x