OFFSPRINGS

• 26 replies
  • 24 subscribers

SO THERE I am , diagnose with incurable brain cancer, both my grown up adult children in denial.. WE are not talking about it,I dont talk about it and I take refuge on line talking to ppl who are going through the same thing

• Hi Elliekate, The run up to the Wedding is the best part! Also the run up to the birth of a baby is fantastic!

I now have 3 grandchildren and I haven't taken any of them for a walk pushing their pram but when they smile at me, that fact fades into insignificance! 
    I do cross stitch and started doing one for each of them before they were born. I think the idea of the raffle ticket for the flowers is great. We gave the Gents a lottery ticket because they complained the ladies always got the favours!!

Enjoy every minute!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  •   I enjoy Professor T its just a bit of easy watching. The series that's on ITV at present is series 3 but you can watch series 1+2 on catch up.

I'm certainly not hard to spot right now. We get on at Darlington I've found the assistance staff really helpful there and also on the little train from Redcar to Darlington most staff are pleasant some can be grumpy when they have to put the ramps down.

Wishing everybody a peaceful night

•   I am envious of your patience for cross stitch. I did one for my eldest girl and I was really proud of how it turned out but it took me a long time. After I've crocheted the baby blankets I might see if I can find a simple one to do. I think I would need a magnifying light now though.

I'm off for a radiotherapy planning scan tomorrow first thing in the morning and I've asked Neil that he drop me off I will go along for my appointment while he nips along to the local Tim Hortons to get me a takeaway breakfast and by the time he gets back I'm hoping to be done. I wonder how that plan will go??

I like the idea of a lottery ticket, I would love it if one was a big winner.

I hope you have a decent sleep although I knew that's something that's a problem for you as you post at random times of night as I do. I know tonight isn't going to be the best because as I didn't close my eyes last night I feel asleep for a few hours after tea and now I'm wide awake but never mind

• Hi Elliekate, One of our daughter in Law's uncles won £500 on the lottery ticket and two others won £10. With the exiting shout "I've won" by all three at the reception, you'd have thought they won millions!! lol!

To be honest I don't think I could do the same cross stitch again as my hands are sore due to Osteoarthritis, but a smaller one I could manage! Did you get my friend request?

As you guessed I am not asleep. I have to see GP this morning, so hope I don't sleep in!

This is the first Cross stitch I did. Of course at that time I didn't know I would still be around to do two more. They are all seaside themes and hang in their bedroom.

Love Annette x

•   That is beautiful and a thing to cherish for your grandchild. I need something much simpler than that. I've also thought about diamond painting I believe it's called. When I feel up to it I go to a monthly craft class called Pimm's and Needles I don't know if I've mentioned it before. I was meant to be there last night but Neil couldn't wake me its a shame as we were going to be making a floral felt wreath or garland for the summer as opposed to the Christmas type but can't be helped

I will look for your friend request and of course will accept. Ulls is my only friend so far and he will tell you I'm a hopeless friend as I post for a while then disappear for a while but I'm trying to be better. I also need to update my profile

I hope sleep isn't far off for you

• Hi Elliekate, I looked. for your acceptance but couldn't find it. Maybe you could try again!
    I'm sure whatever you decide to make will be lovely and appreciated because you have made it yourself. Because I didn't know the babies sex ( daughter didn't want to know until the birth) I had to think of something that would be alright for a girl or a boy which was the difficult part. I love the name of your Class! I will look up Diamond Painting, it sounds intriguing.

If I don't get to sleep soon, it won't be worth trying, so I'll just get up once the sky starts to lighten. The weather says it's 1C but feels like -3 brrr. Hope you are sound asleep by now!

I am also friends with Ulls. That's something I've needed to do for a very long time...update my profile. You are not the only one who stops and starts!

Love Annette x