Anxiety waiting for immunotherapy response

• 15 replies
  • 24 subscribers

I’m feeling anxious tonight after seeing my oncologist today. I’m due my 5th IV infusion of Pembro tomorrow which is going ahead. However my scan results show there looks to have been some progression. She thinks it’s complicated and is still possibly indicating pseudo progressio. I’m not I’ll - in fact feeling a little better than when treatment began. Certainly not in great pain- just occasional abdominal discomfort usually related to after food or when constipated. (My cancer is around peritoneal lining; spread from womb originally and is Serous type)

I just don’t know what to think. Her advice is to keep going and scan again in 6 weeks. If by then there is further progression, we’ll review and possibly start Chemo (which was quickly effective last time, but recurred after 5 months)

You might ask why I’m worried then. I’m sitting here thinking - is it worth it? Is it really going to make a difference? I’m just so mixed up about it all.

anyone else experiencing this anxious confusion?

plus we had hoped to fly off to Tenerife for some sunshine. My oncologist says “I’m not overly enthusiastic about you going” but won’t say don’t go. Now I’m thinking - will I ever go abroad again? I don’t want to be fearful. I want to enjoy the little time I have. But these things are clouding my life right now. 

On a positive note - I start my counselling tomorrow! After a 5-month wait. Turns out the nurses hadn’t done the referral correctly. Psychology had never received it! How can that happen? Anyway, the psychology team were stats when they I complained and within a day they offered me an appointment within the week. Something good is finally happening:)).

• Thank you so much for your advice.  I will certainly contact the insurance companies, I must admit I was getting fed up with the number of rejections I was getting for insurance, but I did get a couple of quotes one was £1000, and the other £800.  I did give up at that point, by I will contact the ones you mentioned xx

• Hi Cindy, Shen I was first diagnosed, I phoned over a dozen before I got an actual quote, the others wouldn't even give me one. The first quote I got to go to Spain in Jan/Feb for 4 weeks was £9,000! I said they had to be joking as the whole holiday for two of us was less than half of that. It turns out 24 days was the maximum anyone would insure me for.The rest depended where you were going. I persevered and Eventually we got insurance for 21 days for £327. Worth it for peace of mind! Did you try clicking on the search button with the magnifying glass on left at top of the page, it is worth a look!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • I have had a lot of luck with the company called insurancewith. I have incurable kidney cancer on immunothy and I just got insurance for a 1 week cruise from Southampton for £45. If you phone them their questions are very in-depth and they sometimes say they need to consult the underwriters so the questions may take an hour and you might not get an answer straight away but I have found it very worth the trouble if you have somewhere you want to go

• I also got insurance for metastatic TNBC very easily and affordably through Insurance With. Very easy experience. An annual policy in my case, which I was easily able to update at nominal cost when my situation worsened. 

• i think it was after about 3 moths