Just in case box

• 5 replies
  • 22 subscribers

Palliative care, I had a visit from a district nurse on Monday afternoon to check out my Just incase box. She wanted to check the paperwork in the folders and that the Morphine, midazolam and other stuff were all in date. I brought the box downstairs and sat it on the floor next to where she was sitting. I said here is my " One foot in the grave box" as I like to call it. She burst out laughing and I said my DNR letter is there to so they don't attempt CPR , as I told the doctor who asked me I said there's no point in flogging a dead horse. At the time the doctor laughed and said she would get the sack if she said that. She laughed and said that I did have a dark sense of humour and a positive attitude. I told her after I was told in November that I could not have any treatment I had two options, to feel sorry for myself or just keep going and take any help that was going. I said in December I was thinking that there's no point in buying any Easter eggs LOL. But since I have been on the steroids and eating more I've gradually started feeling mentally and physically stronger. I've got my eye on a tree that's been hit by lightning a couple of years ago. I have a stove and me and a friend have been scavenging for fallen trees since 2013. When I told him that I am feeling strong enough that I am going to fell the tree possibly this weekend, my wife said that I could get into trouble. I said yes but what is the worst they could do? Give me a life sentence? LOL I got the look that only a glowering wife can give. Timber!! I hope no one is offended by the dark humour, it helps me keep going. Kind regards Frank.