Progression an new drugs

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 6 replies
  • 41 subscribers

I've just been informed that my incurable breast cancer which is in my bones, intestines and various modes has now spread to my liver. My consultant has taken me of exemestane and put me onto me have pending an application for faslodex. Can anyone give me any information on this drug or indeed is anyone using it at the moment? Wishing you all well xxx

• Hi Cathy, I'm sorry I can't help you on the drug front as I have a different type of cancer but just wanted to see how you are doing and if you have had any word about the new drug you may be starting? They are making great progress with new drugs for all cancer types so hope this one works for you. Take Care Love Annette x

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anndanv

Hi Cathy and sorry I have no experience of the drug. However there is a lot of information here. Hope it is useful and very best wishes. Julie

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi everyone, I have just entered a trial with fulvestrant and vandetinib for secondry breast cancer in spine and just recently my liver.  Been for two initial treatments now due third on Friday seems to be causing achy hips. Would like to hear from anyone on fulvestrant.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Alimar, I'm on different drugs but definitely have the achy hips.  Seems to be a side-effect both of the chemo I get and a second drug I get which is a blood inhibitor.  Double whammy, love it!!  I'm going to ask my Onc if  can take cod liver oil capsules in case they help.  So I sympathise, I do find that it's not bad when I'm moving but hurts when I get up out of bed or a chair.  My hubby is using this as a reason to keep me moving around tidying the house!!  Do let me know if you find a cure please!!

• FormerMember

Hi Shirley B,  I've been taking 2 X paracetamol 4 X a day, and oramorph at night, now also rubbing in Ibuprophen gel too. This seems to help the ache, I find if I walk too far it makes the pain worse, so I suppose I should learn to pace myself. Yes, like you I need to get up and move around now and then to help.

all the best,

Alimar

• FormerMember

I am still living with cancer..the fulvestrant and venditonib 

trial ended early because it caused such a sore mouth i had to be hospitalised.