Gardening and wildlife keeps me focussed

• 13 replies
  • 46 subscribers

Hi everyone 

I am having a blood test next week as I think my cancer is active again, it has only been 9 weeks since my last Chemo session. However I have been sat outside in my garden and watched 2 blue tits starting to nest in my sparrow boxes, it was lovely to watch and I try to have a focus so as not to spend all my time worrying (I know harder said than done) but I am trying. 

Take care everyone x  

• Hi Caravans, firstly best wishes and good luck for next week, I will have everything crossed for you. Love gardening and nature too, it's so good at taking you away from your worries and putting you in a nice place, be great if weather was better and we could outside enjoying it more. take care.

Eddie

• Hi Caravans, I hope you are wrong about the cancer being active.

I too love my garden, although I can't do as much as I used to which is very frustrating but what I can do I really enjoy. I too have a bird box in the garden and there's been a pair of birds in it every year for a very long time, it's fantastic! Although It has not been warm enough here to sit in the garden yet apart from 1 day. Even when doing a bit of gardening I need my fleece on. It's to be below freezing again tonight and it's almost May!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Thanks Eddie 

Yes always feel better when in garden, I hope the weather improves as well it would be nice to sit out more often 

Take care 

Sue 

• Hi Annette 

It is great watching the birds nest and especially if you see them coming back every year.

Yes I believe it is going to be really cold, have to wait a little longer before the hanging baskets go out 

Take care 

Sue  

• Hi Sue a bit of warm sunshine would be great, went to allotment earlier, pottering in the greenhouse, then went cloudy, too cold so came home, I'm getting old LOL

Eddie xx

• Hi Eddie, I went to the garden centre and bought some bedding plants, not planted yet as it is too cold, hopefully it will warm up after we have had this next spell of bad weather ( I hope ) 

Sue Slight smile   

• Hi, I tried to do a bit of gardening today to finish what I started yesterday but it got so cold I ended up coming inside for a cuppa and a heat! However I did manage to get some bedding plug plants repotted but they are in my plastic greenhouse, hopefully the frost won't get them! Going away on Monday for a few days so wanted to get that finished before we go! The nights are light for longer,, there's still light in the sky after 9pm we should be able to work in the garden but it is too cold for me yet! Hopefully a bit of heat will come eventually!

Love Annette x

• Sue if it doesn't warm up soon I'm going to try hibernating, I am bald and ginger and need to put a hat on if warm and sunny, never had it on once this year.

Eddie xx

• Hi Annette, getting away for a few days sounds fab, hope your going somewhere warm, I'm hoping to get to Fort William soon now I have someone to share the driving, It's a struggle gardening in this weather, can't do planting out as i  need to do it without gloves, but hands freeze because soil is so cold. PS was in greenhouse a few days ago and it was 100 degrees, felt so nice, I'm going soft, have a wonderful time with V, hope he is well. take care. 

love Eddie xx

• Hi Eddie, We are going to Pitlochry where the weather forecast for this week is rain & possible snow, so no it won't be warm and we will take our winter woolies. The good thing is all the Hotels & Pubs we go to for lunch/dinner will have their cosy log fires on! We will enjoy it regardless thanks! Maybe hibernation is the answer! Lol!

Love Annette x