Going on an adventure

• 21 replies
  • 46 subscribers

Good morning all hope you are keeping well.

5 hours sleep according to Fitbit but actually think it's more because I fell asleep early on watching TV. Which annoys me as I'll have to watch the episode of Trigger Point again. Do it every time!!

We're going on an adventure today, a trip to Durham and first time there. Looking forward to that, I do so love old, historical towns and cities. Just hope my chemo fatigue allows me to at least explore at little. Should all else fail I'll plonk my backside somewhere nice and eat yummy food instead Smiley Hoping for a trip to the coast, it will be brrrrrrrrrrrrr I know but will take it as I find it, seaside fish and chips is a must right? Food!!! Story of my life huh!

Whatever you may be doing enjoy. 

• Hi  

Hope you enjoyed your trip to Durham, I've been many times. Seaham is a regular haunt for us, hope you went to Lickety Split!

A x

• Hi Marie, I'm glad you enjoyed your trip. Reading what you and others have put, I'm now a bit worried as if it is all cobbled streets, I'm in bother as I use elbow crutches or a wheelchair and they don't mix well with cobbles but will do my best! How was Seaham? I hope you managed fish & chips, plus an ice cream there!

Sistermoon, do you have a rough idea how long it takes to drive from Durham to Seaham? Oh and what is the Lickety Split? Sounds interesting!!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • No, it wasn't all cobbled streets at all. It was the road part that was cobbled and running alongside was paths if that makes sense. There was some hills, we walked a hill up to the cathedral but it wasn't too bad. I'm not going to lie I was in bed for 7 last night on arriving home lol Over exerting myself with the chemo fatigue did take it's toll but it was worth it. 

Seaham was lovely. We walked the beach. Nose's point was beautiful. But alas no, no fish or chips or ice cream because we had a full English instead. We didn't have enough time to look around for too long as we wanted to stop over in Richmond, North Yorkshire on the way home. Wow what a beautiful place, loved it. 

I don't know what Lickety Split is either. Sounds very interesting!!

• Thank you it was fab!! Oh no what is this lickety split? Missed that boohooooo!!!!

• Hi  and  

I would say it takes 20 - 30 mins to drive to Seaham. Likety Split is a 50s style diner on the front in Seaham, they do nice coffees and ice cream. It's very popular.There is the Tommy monument at the cenotaph opposite. The Crows Nest pub is not bad for meals but there are pubs and cafes along the front. There are still no charges for parking in Seaham but apparently the council are going to bring it in.

Murton is 3 miles away from Seaham and has a cenotaph statue by the same artist. It is called Children of mothers and is a bronze old lady with a cutout circle where her heart should be. It's lovely but very sad. There is a retail shopping outlet called Dalton park in Murton, which is all flat and not too big.

Enjoy your hols in Durham Annette and Marie, hope you get to Seaham again.

A x

• Hi  

I've had a little look at Richmond, think I'll be having a trip there. Thanks for the tip.

A x

• Thanks for the information it sounds lovely! As we will be in Durham for a full week, I'm hoping we manage to see everything!

Love Annette x

• Hi Marie I am relieved to hear the cobbles are mostly on the road and not the pavement, thanks! We hope to visit the Lickety Split, so I will let you know what I think, then you have an excuse for another trip!

Love Annette x

• oh no we missed lickety split. Sounds like my cup of tea too. That's a shame, hopefully next time. The monuments were fabulous! But we wasn't aware of this Murton. There seems to be a few things we missed. Next time huh and thank you for all the wonderful tips and information, really useful.

• oh definitely, it's lovely. If  you love the Yorkshire market town it's a definite one to go to. As well as the lovely cafes, shops etc. there's a lovely river and river walk. Really nice, go, go, go Smiley