Gardening

• 25 replies
  • 46 subscribers

Hi 

I am so looking forward to working in my garden soon, it helps me take my mind of things I cannot wait to start growing seeds and to spend time looking at the tulips coming up that I planted last year.  

Enjoy 

Sue 

• Hi  

I love gardening as well. I've planted some chilli seeds indoors. I hope to get more seeds sown tomorrow. I've got some Luffa seeds from last year, going to try again as I wasn't successful. The fruit of it is a loofah that you use to wash. I discovered today that it's best to snip the end of the seed with clippers and then soak them in a damp kitchen roll, somewhere warm till they sprout and then plant. Looking forward to some nice weather. To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.

A x

• Hi 

I have also planted some chilli seeds, I have wanted to try and grow luffa seeds I watched a Gardeners World programme last year and someone was growing loofah's to give as presents and I thought I should try that!

Enjoy your garden Relaxed

Sue    

• Hi  

There's still time....

I got my Luffa seeds from Chilterns.

A x

• Hi Sistermoon, I love what you said "to plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow" brilliant. Not long after my dx we went to the bulb fields in Amsterdam it was top of my bucket list. I ordered lots of bulbs and they send them to you when it is time to plant some. I got some for my two sisters and two friends and told them if I didn't last until they were delivered, would someone show my husband how to plant them. The following year and every year since, we have all had beautiful tulips, daffodils, snowdrops and a few other flowers bloom! I cherish every flower, every year!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • That sounds a lovely trip Annette, you've given me food for thought. Enjoy those flowers, Spring is round the corner.

A x

• Yes Sistermoon it was even better than we imagined. At the time I wasn't allowed to fly, so we took the train from Glasgow to Newcastle, then the Ferry to Amsterdam and if you decide to go Kueganhoff Gardens is a must! 

Love Annette x

• I like to garden too Sue and I love this time of year when the cherry blossoms out and the early bulbs are up. And tiny green leaves on some of the shrubs and … beautiful delicate hellebores are flowering. The bees and ladybirds were out this week in my garden as I pottered about sowing seeds in my weeny greenhouse. I’ve taken on an allotment this year and am enjoying the researching and prepping. Planning to sow parsnips and radishes this week. I think there is something about creating new life that is so healing and being outside in nature always helps our mental health. What are your plans for gardening? 

• Hi 

I agree it is lovely to see all the new buds and early bulbs, my daffodils are out and I have a number of hellebores. How lovely to have an allotment that will keep you busy and outside amongst nature so good for our mental health and keeps us moving as much as we can. I have just sown sunflower seeds which are on my kitchen window ready to plant out when it gets warmer and I did some weeding this morning before the rain came as I may not feel up to it next week as having another Chemo session.

Enjoy your garden and take care 

Sue x 

• I love sunflowers too and I have some seeds to sow. Didn’t know you could sow then this early? I could sow some for the greenhouse x

• Hi, This is Keukenhof Gardens, I actually managed to upload them!

Love Annette x