Gardening

• 25 replies
  • 46 subscribers

Hi 

I am so looking forward to working in my garden soon, it helps me take my mind of things I cannot wait to start growing seeds and to spend time looking at the tulips coming up that I planted last year.  

Enjoy 

Sue 

• Hi Sue, I love gardening too, though fruit and veg. Been my escape from everyday life for 30 years, recently it has become a family affair for obvious reasons, there is something so satisfying about growing your own from seed and watching it grow or just sitting and enjoying being outside watching nature at work, though nicer when it's warm,

Eddie

• Hi Sue, My bulbs are all coming up. It is great when you see all the green shoots above the ground!

Tvman has always been our garden guru but him and his wife are having a trying time at the moment, maybe he will join in again soon.

I love my garden but can no longer do the things I used to do! Roll on Spring!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Me too but there is so much hard work to do and I just hope I will be fit and able to do it. On chemo some days I'm so fatigued I don't move. But I do have good days so fingers crossed

• Hi Eddie 

I grow fruit and veg too, tomatoes and strawberries mainly but going to try chillies this year. I love to grow flowers from seed for summer flowering.

Hopefully it will warm up soon and you can be outside more

Sue  

• Hi Annette, some of my daffodils are up already which is great to see, always makes me smile 

When I get tired I love to watch the birds from my kitchen window and notice the new buds coming on my plants.

Spring is just around the corner 

Take care 

Sue x

• Hi Marie, yes I get so tired when I am on Chemo but if I can I try and do small jobs like planing seeds ready for when the weather warms up, I have some sun flowers growing now on my window sill.

Look forward to your good days MarieSlight smile

Take care 

Sue  

• Hi Sue, just had an hour on my allotment, not allowed to do anything today, doctors orders, had a cuppa or 2 with a friend and let the dog do her thing, mind and soul recharged, shame acout the body, take care.

Eddie

• Hi Eddie, so pleased you spent time on your allotment with friends and a cuppa Relaxed

Glad you feel recharged, and don't forget your mind and soul are so important to strengthen your body

Take care 

Sue 

• good idea, small steps and all that. Love sun flowers. I grow a couple on the patio but usually the squirrels demolish them for the seeds. I will look forward and you too. Take care and onwards and upwards!

• Hi Sue, Yes I have lots of green shoots at the moment but I think the flowers are very wise not to come out just yet as we had sleet and snow earlier.

Spring is coming because the nights are staying lighter for longer! It is magic!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!