Scared about next update from Oncologist

• 16 replies
  • 48 subscribers

Only a quick note to say I’m getting worried about my next update from the oncologist.

My first chemotherapy treatment failed to stop the spread of the disease and I’m sure that they’ll say the same now for the second, different treatment.

If I’m right the prognosis is going to be terrible.

Frightened.

Dunno what I’ll do or how I’ll react.  Prognosis is bad enough already.

• I know it must be so hard for you. But try and wait to see if the different treatment has worked. Your Oncologist will have researched the treatment. 

sending lots of hugs and good wishes 

love Judy xxxx

• That was happening to me also, but the third one worked and still does for 7 years now.  

• Hi  

I've just read your profile and my cancer story is similar, in that, symptoms to incurable was around 4-5 months. I know it's easier said than done but try not to get ahead of yourself, you can't know for sure what they are going to say. They may have another treatment to offer you. Ask about any trials you could do. 

I sincerely hope that it's not as bad as you think. Best wishes for your appointment.

A x

• Well, scan result isn’t available so my oncology appointment has been put back a week.

Hopefully they haven’t lost or mired it, which has happened before with other tests.

So this minor saga moves into July (by the time I’ve updated family etc.)

I’m calming down but still worried.

Thanks for the messages       — much appreciated.

Heart

• My oncologist forgot to send  me for my 3 month scan. How can they possibly forget or loose them is beyond me. X

• Harlekwin that’s tough Unamused but pleased you feel calmer. We are here for yiu. A week will go quickly. Sending lots of hugs Hugging xxx

Judy 

• Hey   I experienced Late scan results aka non-arrival with my oncologist.  I phoned the CT scan appointment phone number to chase it up every few days once I knew the report was stuck in the system.  They put an escalation flag on it.  It arrived maybe a couple of weeks later.  I don't know whether my chasing helped, but it certainly made me feel like I was doing something about it.  When my oncologist asks for scans he asks for scan w/c dd/mm/yy and results 2 weeks later to fit in with our appt.  Looks like yours has the same approach.  Knowing the protocol, I felt a chase was perfectly reasonable.   

• QUICK UPDATE ON THIS

Seen the oncologist now. It appears that the current regime has stabilised the existing lesions and there are no new lesions in either the liver or lungs.

Far better news than we expected!

They say worry gets you nowhere!

Love to      

• Oh! fantastic news Harlekwin ClapClap 

Judy