Ruthjp

• 14 replies
  • 51 subscribers

Hi All,

I am writing with news that Ruth died at home on Saturday with her family around her, just as she wanted it.

Ruth was involved in this Group and others, for many years until the beginning of this year when she couldn't sign in. For a while, she continued to read the Posts but couldn't reply. Then she became very ill and was taken to hospital where she was told nothing more could be done, Ruth had been through all the treatment possible and like myself and others, hadn't expected to live for years after diagnosis. Her husband decided he wanted Ruth to come home and be cared for by him with the help of her son and daughter when they could.

I know some of you will remember the excitement when Ruth became a grandparent to a beautiful granddaughter, she didn't ever expect to see. That granddaughter is now just over one year old.

The last email I got from Ruth was last Thursday when she said she thought her time was finally up and she was ready to go. She was such a determined, strong and thoughtful friend, right to the end.

When I didn't get an email on Friday or Saturday, I knew my friend had died as they were the only two days I hadn't received an email from her since February and I was sad but relieved for Ruth as she had been through so much these last six months. Please keep Ruth, her husband, son, daughter and of course her granddaughter and extended family in your thoughts and prayers.

Love to you all,

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

• Thank you for letting us know. I'm sorry to hear this. Thinking of Ruth's family and friends,

A x

• Thank you all for your heartfelt messages for Ruth's family.

Maybe Steph at Admin could, at a later date give her son Tom access to these so that the family will know how loved Ruth was. I will miss her!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Oh Annette so sorry to hear this very sad news. I send my condolences to all her family and friends, Ruth's at piece now Pray Broken heart

Moi

• Thank you Annette for sharing the sad news, condolences to Ruth's family and friends. I am so glad that she was able to meet her granddaughter, I also didn't expect to survive to see grandchildren and it is a special joy to have a grandchild. 

Sarah