Hello all!

• 12 replies
  • 47 subscribers

Hi everyone!

It’s been so long since I posted and I’ve been thinking of all my friends here so much. I’m currently reading a book on stoicism (which is the philosophy I commandeered my username from) called Reasons Not To Worry. 

I’m not far in (10%, give or take) but it’s very insightful already. It’s written by a layperson rather than a philosopher, so it’s very engaging while being informative and very applicable to my situation.

How is everyone? My lovely partner has moved in with me. We had some teething problems that seem to have been ironed out (for the most part), and having someone here is such a big improvement in my life. He is so amazing and I am very, very lucky to have found him. The other day, we went on a lovely picnic date and he researched locations I could easily navigate with my walking frame for hours. He is just so thoughtful and I love him. 

My aunt is currently staying with us too, which is lovely. She cooked dinner for us last night has has been mothering me, which is great since I lost my own mother when I was 19. It’s  so nice not having to cook and clean at all, even highly-capable 27-year-olds need a mum every now and then! 

Last week, we had a 2-day offsite retreat for work (I attended virtually as it was too far away, in a different state, for me to attend). There, amongst other things, we were all asked to give feedback to one another. It was so lovely to hear what others thought of me, and how highly they regarded me. I try very hard to spread joy and love and am glad it’s translating. 

Please everyone update me on what’s going on in your lives. I hope you are all going as well as you can be in our position. 

All my love and prayers,

mementomori 

• Hi MMM and good to read your update.  The home situation sounds good.  I know what you mean about adjustments at home.   I now go into the office for some headspace and to escape him indoors as he retired last Spring.  All my problems in life are not cancer related at the moment so I suppose that's good - for my oncologist!  Maybe I'll tell him that when I see him on Tuesday as we get on great.  

• Sorry to read that you are struggling with other things Mmum. You don’t need that too but I suppose the rest of life doesn’t stop just because we get cancer. Hope it’s something you can get sorted and is within your control. 

Jac x