Three Good Things thread discussion

• 5 replies
  • 41 subscribers

I have just remembered a thread that used to be in this group 3 or 4 years ago and it was called Three good things or something similar. Does anyone else remember the thread and what exactly it was called? Tomorrow, I'll start a thread entitled Three good things. We can let everyone know three good things that we did or that occurred to us. I've to take Mrs Tvman to Dunelm in Belfast now and we won't be back for a few hours so I'll probably be too tired when I get home.

Tvman xx 

• Hi Tvman I do remember that and three good things is what it was called, don't know what happened to it 

• Hi Ulls, I'm pretty sure that it was called Three Good Things and it was about 3 nice things you did the previous day or 3 good things that happened to you or a mixture of both.

I have been wracking my brain about the name of the person who thought of introducing it as she had read about it somewhere and it has just arrived. Daloni was her name and she was a kind of leader of the house. She spoke on TV and radio about cancer and MacMillan. Not a bad bone in her body and unfortunately after maybe 3 years she was taken to a hospice and she even posted from there. It shocked everyone when she passed because she was full of optimism and had trials that her oncologist found for her but still this dreadful disease took her. 

Annette will remember her I'm sure. So many good people from here have been taken.  

I don't like bullies either  

Tvman 

Love life and family.
  • Yes Tvman, Of course I remember Daloni! She was a Community Champion here for years. She had gone to a cancer seminar where they suggested everyone, no matter how bad their day had been, had to describe 3 Good Things at the end of the day, proving no day could be all bad! Eventually when Daloni went into the Hospice she thought she would not last a few days but she was there for about 7 weeks. During which time she continued to email me. She got too weak to type, so used to dictate emails and WhatsApp. After she died someone else took over for a while but it was never quite the same.

I'm sure Ellie, Alive, Rainie etc all remember her too. She laughed when I told her I wasn't going to post on that thread because I would have a problem deciding which three things out of so many I could write down!! Lol!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  •   The lovely Daloni, she touched everyone’s heart. It was   that took over the 3 good things thread. It was last posted in just 8 months ago, so not that old a thread. X 

Sorry I can’t think of 3 dislikes, just one at the moment….Covid! I wish it would do one! 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • That's your first dislike Chelle (covid) I'll join you with that one